Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen it at Walmart yet, but Gander Mountain has gotten some in (sold out immediately) and I see it online as well. Has anybody else gotten the impression that .380 is starting to show up again?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I can find it at my local gun store pretty regularly. Not the stuff I would prefer most of the time, but it'll goes bang and is only a couple of miles from my house. All in all not to bad I guess.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Walmarts around here have not seen ANY .380 in about 9 months and I still haven't seen anything on the shelves, but it appears that it is starting to come in. Let's hope that they are now making .380 and that doesn't cause a 9mm shortage going forward. Think I'll keep stockpiling that.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
My gun shop (the one I support) gets me boxes when I need them...from the shelves in the back.:rolleyes:
It was about $32/box at the last purchase.
I don't need a lot as my P-3AT has proven itself and I only really shoot it once in a while.:wave:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I bought my Kel Tec .380 this spring .

The gun shop where I bought it has a range on site .

I ran 50 rounds threw it the day I bought it .

The shop would not sell any and still will not sell .380 for over

the counter they sell for the range use only.

I did find 100 rounds for sale when I bought it at $1.00 a round

needless to say I still have those 100 rounds .

Walmart here is use less trying to buy any thing other than .22

Dicks sporting just as bad along with sports authority

·
Registered
268 Posts
My local Walmart had a shelf full of WWB .380 and 9mm yesterday. They have had WWB and Federal 9mm on the shelf every time I have been in (maybe 3 times in the last 2 weeks) lately. Picked up a couple boxes of WWB 100 rnd 9mm @$20.95 ea. Up $1 from the last time I bought some several months ago. Didn't notice the price on the .380's, since I don't use 'em. No .45's on the shelf at all tho.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've noticed ammunition, in general, coming back in stock much more often. As far as the .380 ammo; I haven't paid too much attention to it (I simply don't have a pistol needing it) but I have noticed it sitting around Wal Mart's shelves.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I was at the shop I give my business to last weekend shopping for a new handgun and just for kicks looked at the ammo. They had about 50 boxes of 50 count .380 for $18.97 a box I think. It was either Blazer or WWB, cannot remember which now.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I just picked up five boxes at Cabela's yesterday. They had more but 5 was what the budget called for. It was the first time I have been able to pick up more than two boxes of .380 for months.

I think that it was probably a bit overpriced, but that's supply and demand.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I see it at my Walmart all the time lately. 100 ct. boxes of WWB. A new Super Walmart opened a couple weeks ago and they must have had 100 boxes of it on the shelf and three different brands/types of 500+ count boxes of .22 (probably 50 boxes of each)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked with our 2 local Super Wal-Marts and neither have seen .380 in 9 months.

I did just find WWB .380 for $19.99/box on the Gander Mountain website. If you enter promo code GME1217 then you will get free shipping. I think that is a pretty good price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My Wal Mart had .380, .45, and .44 mag last Friday. Bought the .44 mag as that was all I needed. I talked with the sporting goods guy and we both commented on that being the first .380 that they had in over 6 mo.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Gunshow in Denver this past weekend had a fair amount-IF you wanted to pay the amounts they were charging! (Too much!)

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
FMJs are still scarce and expensive around here, but maybe less scarce than a few months ago. JHPs are like honest politicians, you've probably heard of one, but have you actually seen one?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not enough for me to buy a 380. I want a TCP or an LCP but having a hard time pulling the trigger on getting one because 380 is still hard to fine and stupid expensive when you do find it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The 380 can be found but normally finding both practice & self-defense ammo in the same store is difficult. I am having a tough time finding quality HPs.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts