Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on top of the SW M&P 15-22 and the dot itself is grainy and not circular. I bought the red dot online so returning it will be a hassle. This is my first red dot so I'm not sure if this is normal.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Is it set too bright for conditions? That can fuzz up a red dot.
Otherwise, no, it's not normal. At least I've never seen it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it set too bright for conditions? That can fuzz up a red dot.
Otherwise, no, it's not normal. At least I've never seen it.
It has 11 or so different settings and it's grainy on all of them. When turned up bright it's almost shaped like pacman with his mouth open. Or if you can't picture that a pie with a 1 piece missing.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Sounds messed up to me. I'd call Bushnell and ask them for an exchange.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
On-line? There are some MIGHTY good fakes (right down to the paperwork & packaging) being sold as the genuine article. Bushnell will help ya', if it's...their's! :blink:

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On-line? There are some MIGHTY good fakes (right down to the paperwork & packaging) being sold as the genuine article. Bushnell will help ya', if it's...their's! :blink:
I got it on Amazon so returning it is an option. I struggled with buying this locally or online. I was worried about this kind of thing but the savings were quite substantial.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
... I was worried about this kind of thing but the savings were quite substantial.
Yep. Substantial savings is often a good clue. I've been fooled (burned?) before. Amazon can't (won't) "validate" their advertisers. And a popular item (gun, scope, knife, et al) are prime candidates for the VERY savvy fakes). Send it back, get a refund and try again with Midway, Brownells, Cabelas. You'll LIKE a...clear dot. :image035:

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I have the same problem with every red dot I look thru-my Dad has a Burris Fast Fire and it is no better than any of mine.I have a Bushnell Strike that the dot looks like a blob and a Redfield large diameter that also looks the same.I not real long ago purchased a Vortex Spitfire Prism in 3 power-that really made a huge difference.Of coarse its not a dot but actual circular recticle-I likey a lot.
Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Assault rifle
It is mounted on my .300 BLK

PS-the blur or blob is from astigmatism

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I do have astigmatism but wear toric contacts to take care of that. Also we went shooting yesterday and it actually looked like a dot on the lower brightness settings. When I turned it up just two notches to six it changed to a large wavy capitol U shape. Tried going back down to the lower settings and it never went back to looking like a dot. My kids did notice it also and asked me to take it off and use the iron sights.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Beauty (and Dot Sights) is truly in the eye...of the beholder. :yup:

·
Premium Member
38,937 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I already got my money back from Amazon and went ahead and got a Primary Arms Micro red dot 2 MOA and riser. Hoping to try it out in the next couple days!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts