Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Yes, generally speaking. I have several. Some are made in China, and are mediocre for the price.

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
563 Posts
I always thought they were kind of fugly as knifes go and never owner one. But with lots of people raving about how good they are I am going to pick one up here in the near future.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
I always thought they were kind of fugly as knifes go and never owner one. But with lots of people raving about how good they are I am going to pick one up here in the near future.
Don't pick out your equipment by looks alone. Although a pretty knife is a joy to behold.
Some of the fuglyest things work the best.
Just ask Mrs. Cowboy. She will tell you, :)

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Spiderco's, especially those made in Japan are top notch in my book. I have owned one of mine for almost 25 years. The only thing I don't like are the ones with a serrated blade. They are very tricky to re-sharpen. I prefer the straight edge blades.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Yes, generally speaking. I have several. Some are made in China, and are mediocre for the price.
That’s a good point, Spyderco has models built in US, Golden Colorado; Japan. I have never seen their CCP knives, but if they aren’t significantly cheaper that would be a hard pass.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ive got an old Endura and recently picked up a smaller Delica4 and use them both a lot. Sturdy knives.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have worn one or the other exclusively daily, for years. They are excellent. The delica4 is legal in more states. The endurance is a bit longer in the pocket. I have spares, brand new still in the box. Because, just because. They keep a sharp edge very well too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They're the majority of my collection with a smattering of other brands; wide choice of steels; the spydie hole makes deployment easily ambidextrous especially the back locks & it also doesn't hinder sharpening on my guided systems.

Did you pick one up at the recent Seconds Sale?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its hardto go wrong with a spyderco. I personally have no interest in their lower priced made in china models, but I have seen them and they are still much better quality than I generally expect at that sort of price. Their US made knives are always top notch.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts