Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I use a AMT "Backup" in .45 ACP. Fits in pocket real nice. Plus, I just love the .45 round.......

My AMT was a little finicky when new, but I did a "fluff and buff" on it and it has never jammed since. However, I only use hardball ammo. I would not trust the gun with JHP.

Here's a nice little comparison chart showing the different pocket autos: Pocket Auto Comparison

-

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use a AMT "Backup" in .45 ACP. Fits in pocket real nice. Plus, I just love the .45 round.......

My AMT was a little finicky when new, but I did a "fluff and buff" on it and it has never jammed since. However, I only use hardball ammo. I would not trust the gun with JHP.

Here's a nice little comparison chart showing the different pocket autos: Pocket Auto Comparison

-
I'd love a little .45 since i already own a 3 inch 1911.. I just never thought they made them that small. I just looked on GB and there are a bunch for like $260. I'll definitely consider it.

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Do some research. There have been lots of reports of issues with the PM40. From my own experience, and the feedback on the reliability polls from a few months ago, I would proceed with extreme caution with any Kahr, especially their polymer pistols.

As a pistol gets smaller, consideration should be given to a smaller caliber, for more ammo capacity and less recoil.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
665 Posts
As far as I know it's the only one that ejects spent cartidges into your forehead at like 100mph. Do not shoot without safety glasses and bring Bandaids.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
The PM40 is my pocket BUG. No problems here. Excellent trigger...snappy...accurate...did I say snappy? I run 180 gr Hornady XTP's at an average 1010 fps for 400 ft/lbs energy. Heck, my EDC Ultra CDP puts 185 gr DPX out at 1050fps for 450 ft/lbs. Hang on tight, it rocks, but I think it's fun. If they made a smaller 40 I'd be carrying it. If I cared for the 9mm it'd be a Rohrbach, and if weight were my focus, it'd be the P3-AT, which I sometimes do in an ankle holster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.