Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hows it going, anyway I really need some help here so please tell me your input as Im a new member but have learned to respect your opinions.
Well here goes: I am a manager of a pawnshop in montana and have the oportunity to pick up a kimber tactical pro with 3 mags for $500 in excellent shape, now I currenty carry the p3at everywhere in either a pocket holster or a belly wrap, but Im thinking about going with it in a ankle holster with something else of more stopping power. But im not quite sure I can conceal the kimber as well as I would like, (going to order the crossbreed supertuck to do it thou) what are your thoughts about the quality of the gun and the holster and if you think I can conceal it well Im 5,8 and 185 lbs. more gut than chest as of late thou. thanks for your advice

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
The Tactical Pro is a "Commander" sized 1911 - 4" barrel, and alloy frame. I have a very similar gun (CDP Pro) and it carries and conceals easily. I use a cover garment such as a vest or sweater in cool weather and an untucked shirt in warm weather for concealment, rater than a "tuckable" holster. My holster of choice for the 1911 is a Milt Sparks Summer Special, and the combination of holster and the light weight of the alloy frame makes it comfortable for all-day carry.

Almost anyone can conceal a 1911... one of our senior moderators is a very petite lady, and she easily carries a 1911 adequately concealed.

Lots of posts here about Kimber; mine has given me no problems that couldn't be solved by using a better magazine (Wilson or Tripp).

One specific caution: if this gun has an external extractor, pass it up. Kimber experimented with them for a few years, but a rash of field problems convinced them to revert back to the standard internal extractor design.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
You really should have no trouble concealing that Kimber. I am 5'4" and 125 pound and I easily conceal my Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II( also a 4" barrel and alloy frame) in a Desantis Speed Scabbard under a sweatshirt with jeans. Summer weather it is my main carry gun, it even hides well with a T-shirt and shorts.
Be sure you get a good quality gun belt, no matter what you choose to carry. I've found the two most important things for me are a good belt and a shirt long enough to cover the holster.
Just to see if it could be done with my everyday clothes I even carried hubby's GP100 with a 6 inch barrel. He never noticed until I was getting undressed for bed and he asked it I had carried it all day. I just gave him a big 6 inch grin.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
That's a steal at that price... They are soft shooting, easy carrying, you'll love it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts