Defensive Carry banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Has the military reported any similar problems? I wonder if they'd keep it quiet if they had, being a safety issue. I'm concerned because my son just joined the Army and is going 31B, most likely will be carrying an M17 as a sidearm.

As I mentioned earlier, if there is indeed a problem with the striker safety not actually making enough contact to reliably do its thing in some guns, the manual thumb safety isn't going to help at all. On My P320-M17 with the slide off, the safety lever must travel a little more than 1mm in order to release the striker. I don't see how any amount of bumping or jostling could make it go off without pulling the trigger unless the lever is being pre-loaded when assembled. Perhaps on some guns there is minimal contact and that manufacturing tolerances could be enough to make some guns unsafe. I'd like to see a very detailed mechanical breakdown of the related assemblies and how they interact, on a real gun, not just a schematic.
I think the manual safety was a game changer for the P320. I'm not really interested in the P320 because I am already heavily invested in GLOCK, Springfield and S&W for my striker fired needs. But if I ever consider a P320, I would definitely want one with a manual safety.

Reactions: Mjolnir

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really haven’t kept up with the whole p320 saga, but this certainly bears watching for those who like the platform. I shot a full-size p320 early on that belonged to a friend of mine, and I didn’t particularly care for it. There are other pistols that I prefer ergonomically and that I shoot more accurately.

Maybe it was just that particular pistol on that particular day, but first impressions are lasting impressions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Was looking at getting the P320 carry in .45 but ended up with a Springfield XDE. 45. I was never a fan of striker fire pistol or Glocks. I do own two Sig P220s

·
Registered
421 Posts
I carry a P320 Carry X frame on duty. I haven’t dropped it yet, but so far so good. Agency wide it is our replacement for P229R DAK 40 and haven’t heard of any problems.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I have 5 year 8 months with a P320c40sw as my primary CC during that time . Had the update done in 2017 during the last 9 days of December . Came back with a slightly lighter smoother trigger pull too and only times its not loaded is during mag changes and when cleaning . That pistol has not fired on its own yet . Its carried only in a compact MTAC and has right around 8800 rounds fired thru it . Yea its a real turd !!

·
Registered
36,075 Posts
I'm glad they found a cure for Glock leg--it's called SIG leg. o_O

21 - 31 of 31 Posts