Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, I've haven't had the opportunity to shoot the Sig P365 XL as yet, but I've heard a lot of good things but also a lot of bad things. The option to fit a 15 round extended mag is sweet... so I'd like to hear about your personal experiences with the gun.

My questions are:

1. What is the length of the gun after you fit it with a 15 round mag?
2. What's the recoil and muzzle flip like when compared to popular compact guns like the G19 GEN5, CZ P-10 C, P320 X-Compact, and Smith & Wesson M&P 9 M2.0 4.0" Compact? I've seen some reviewers say it was a bit snappy.
3. What is the reliability/durability like? (I've watched a few videos where people were having issues with the slide release and a few common failures).

Looking forward to hearing about some of your personal experiences.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I have not shot the XL but I do have several hundred rounds through the standard P365 without any problems. I also know of a couple other people with early production 365's without any issues either. What I can tell you is the pistol is accurate and shoots like a larger pistol but it does have more recoil than my Glock 26. That is not a knock on the P365 though. It is lighter and thinner than the G26, so it does not surprise me in the least it has more felt recoil. I'm sure the XL will be similar as I would imagine it is lighter and thinner than the pistols you mentioned in your post.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I have a standard P-365 that I have about 500 rds through with zero problems. I have EDC it almost daily since Christmas when I got it. No corrosion issues in the hot humid salty climate I live in on the Gulf Coast. I don't see why the XL 365 would be any different. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
My wife and I both have P365s that we bought last year (not the XL model). The pistol shoots well and performs flawlessly. Recoil is very manageable. My wife probably has about 1200 rounds through hers and carries it daily. I have probably about 500 rounds through mine and pocket carry it twice a week, on average. I would not hesitate to purchase the XL if I was in the market for that size pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I've carried my XL exclusively since I got it in December of last year, very comfortable and light. It conceals easily with the 12 rounds mag and is easy to carry a 2nd mag. It shoots as accurately as I can, and is a very soft shooting weapon. I don't notice any discomfort; could shoot it all day long. Never had a problem with muzzle flip nor any kind of malfunction. It gets my highest praise and I can't see myself carrying anything else forward. I am perfectly happy with this gun.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Great firearm, but even with the true doublestack its grip is thinner than my Shield's grip and hard for me to control. It wants to twist in my hand. A Hogue grip might be enough to make it fit in my hand. If it fits your hand and you shoot it well, then go for it!

I don't know that I would be comparing it to the Glock 19 though. 43X maybe, with the SA enhanced mag.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
MY little 5-2 wife's EDC is a P365XL with thumb safety . She carried a Kimber ultra 9mm for 2 years before the sig . If I needed a small 9mm and had no other 9mm or smaller carry option I would buy a p365xl . Stop worrying about comparisons . You gona carry an XL with 12 round mags for better concealment and use the 15 round mag or mags as back up like some would do with a Glock 26 or old M&P 9c !! Understand ?

Handle one or dry fire it with snap caps of course and make up your own mind as they are very nice shooters .

OH yea , hows recoil well I fired the first 400 rounds and I think its a soft shooter but then I carried a tp40 kahr for some years and carry a p320c today in 40sw . Practice ammo has a 155gr at 1260fps , carry ammo was 155gr gd underwood ammo or georgia arms at 1300fps +. Hows the recoil , well , Hum not bad at all . Maybe I'm not a good judge of felt recoil .

Remember reading my wife is a little bit 5'-2" lady , shes also 64 years old so how snappy do you think it is when she really likes hers . Her second mag fired was one handed at 10 yards and she fired 2 - 6 round groups that measure 1.5" shoot at about a 1 round per second rate of fire . NO point of aim ether other than were the first bullet fired hit . yea the pistol awful . better go buy a gluck . hehehe

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol I think what I'm trying to do is cheat and turn it into the 15 rounder with the extension. But I'm so accustomed to the felt recoil of something Glock 19esque that anything harsher than that would feel like taking steps backward. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I have had a 365XL for about a year and love it. I usually carry IWB and it conceals fine with the 12 round mag. I have a couple of 15 round mags but have never carried them. It shoots very well with less felt recoil than my Kahr PM and about the same as my Walther PPS

·
Registered
696 Posts
lol I think what I'm trying to do is cheat and turn it into the 15 rounder with the extension. But I'm so accustomed to the felt recoil of something Glock 19esque that anything harsher than that would feel like taking steps backward. :LOL:
It doesn’t shoot as soft as a G19, but it’s a smaller gun. It has light recoil for its size though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't call the recoil harsher than the G19 (which I carried for years). There is a little bit more muzzle rise, but it drops right back on target (for me anyway - YMMV) I like the X series trigger set up better than the Glock trigger, and I find the 365XL to be more accurate in my hands. That being said, the other guns on your list are all fine too (I have shot all but the CZ but have heard good things about it) and I would feel prepared with any of them in my holster.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't call the recoil harsher than the G19 (which I carried for years). There is a little bit more muzzle rise, but it drops right back on target (for me anyway - YMMV) I like the X series trigger set up better than the Glock trigger, and I find the 365XL to be more accurate in my hands. That being said, the other guns on your list are all fine too (I have shot all but the CZ but have heard good things) and I would feel prepared with any of them in my holster.
What's your favorite shooter from the ones my list and why?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I've found the trigger on my P365 to be far superior to any of my Glocks. It's small, easily concealable, shoots like a large gun, and I had over 1,000 rounds thru it without cleaning it before any kind of malfunction, and I'm not convinced it wasn't the ammo. The Sig 15 round mag fits either the P365 or the XL.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I've found the trigger on my P365 to be far superior to any of my Glocks. It's small, easily concealable, shoots like a large gun, and I had over 1,000 rounds thru it without cleaning it before any kind of malfunction, and I'm not convinced it wasn't the ammo. The Sig 15 round mag fits either the P365 or the XL.

I like Glock triggers and have learned to use them well but the P365 does break a little better, IMO. The area I personally like better on my Glocks is the trigger reset. The P365 is good but I prefer the reset on Glocks. I don't think the OP can go wrong with the P365. The only way I notice the P365 recoil is if I shoot it alongside the larger and wider Glocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EDC for me with about 1,000 rounds thru it, extremely accurate (

zeroed at 25 yards) 70 feet, no malfunctions, shoots great and easily carried.
I love mine and trust my life with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
What's your favorite shooter from the ones my list and why?
I am a Glock guy and have carried a 19 or 23 for many years so the 19 would be my first choice from your list.

As for why I love Glock ... ultra-reliable, fits my hand well and points naturally (for me), huge after market for when I want to make it special, and consistency - I can pick up any model Glock and it will behave just like mine. I do wish they had better sights out of the box. It doesn't matter much to me as I switch to TruGlo TFX Pro sights, but for the price they should be better.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts

Reactions: Joezilla
1 - 20 of 20 Posts