Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dress worn by Marilyn Monroe just once is going up for auction in a few days. It is expected to bring several millions of dollars.

Now assuming we all had several millions of dollars which maybe you guys do but I for sure do not, is there any one certain gun you would be willing to pay millions of dollars to own?

For me, it would be either of two. One would be the 1911 owned by Clyde Barrow and the other would be the gun Jack Ruby used to shoot Lee Harvey Oswald.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Maybe that dress is expensive because JFK took it off of her. You know two famous people for one price. They will have to raise my social security big time for me to have a million dollars. I never had any idea of what happened to Clyde Barrow's gun. My dad worked at a service station about that time and he told me that what looked like a car load of gangsters bought gas from him.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe that dress is expensive because JFK took it off of her. You know two famous people for one price. They will have to raise my social security big time for me to have a million dollars. I never had any idea of what happened to Clyde Barrow's gun. My dad worked at a service station about that time and he told me that what looked like a car load of gangsters bought gas from him.

In 2012, there was an auction in the northeast that sold off two guns, one being the 1911 belonging to Clyde Barrow and the .38 spl Bonnie Parker owned. Clyde's 1911 went for a few dollars shy of a quarter million and Bonnie's went for a few dollars over a quarter million. They buyers names were never released but i was not either one of them.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
In 2012, there was an auction in the northeast that sold off two guns, one being the 1911 belonging to Clyde Barrow and the .38 spl Bonnie Parker owned. Clyde's 1911 went for a few dollars shy of a quarter million and Bonnie's went for a few dollars over a quarter million. They buyers names were never released but i was not either one of them.
People would have a fit if you wanted one that some mass killer used in the last twenty years.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Daniel Boone's long rifle, currently housed in the Kentucky Capital (Frankfort, Ky) Firearms Museum. Maybe the Air Rifle that traveled with Lewis & Clark. Oh! And James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickok's brace of Navy Colts

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
No.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not politically correct. If I want something and can afford it, I will buy it no matter what others think. There are some in the world, including some neighbors as well as relatives of mine, that feel I buy too many guns now. I look at buying guns as being a great investment that yields a good return for me. Only problem is I very rarely sell a gun.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
There are some in the world, including some neighbors as well as relatives of mine, that feel I buy too many guns now.
My best advice is to stop telling anyone you have a lot of firearms. Sooner or later some thug will hear of it and try to rob you. People talk and talk.

Reactions: OD* and gatorbait51

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
John Wayne's Colt pistol, gun belt, and Winchester rifle that he used in almost every western film he made would be wonderful to have in a collection. They are at the Nat'l Cowboy Hall of Fame in OKC, along with his collection of western art and Kachina dolls that he acquired during his many years of filming around and visiting the great West.

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
A dress worn by Marilyn Monroe just once is going up for auction in a few days. It is expected to bring several millions of dollars.

Now assuming we all had several millions of dollars which maybe you guys do but I for sure do not, is there any one certain gun you would be willing to pay millions of dollars to own?

For me, it would be either of two. One would be the 1911 owned by Clyde Barrow and the other would be the gun Jack Ruby used to shoot Lee Harvey Oswald.
That's a tough one. There are several I'd love to have, the Colt .45 Charlie Winstead used to kill Dillinger (https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...bac297/1162477805923/Hoover+letter+072334.pdf), the 1894 Winchester taken from Tom Horn at his arrest, The Duke's Great Western Colt SAA copies he used in "The Shootist" and or any of the many Winchester 1892s he used during his career.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
This

Really if funds were not a issue ie I have vaults of money then

1. Get a lot of land out in the sticks
2. Get a FFL and SOT
3. Buy all the guns and cannons

I would start with the normal stuff MG42 a M60 a M249 all the Russian fun the RPD etc then on to the heavy stuff auto cannons etc

Then some of the cool war stuff like the Vitname bring back AKs

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'd like to have Billy the Kid's double action .41 Colt thunderer, but I don't know if anyone knows where it is, or if it still exists.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would love to have a mini gun and a ma duce and a full auto tommy gun. Then have the ammo to just shoot until the cows came home. ( with all that noise I don't think they would come for a long time) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
That's neat copy of a Dillinger Super.38. :hand10:
I just saw a video of what is the only transferable model in the USA in 45 being fired ..Oh I wanted it

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My best advice is to stop telling anyone you have a lot of firearms. Sooner or later some thug will hear of it and try to rob you. People talk and talk.
Those that know me are quick to say that getting past me would be far more difficult than getting my safes open or out of the house. This place is like Ft Knox with security. I do not live in fear and if I cannot show my guns to those visiting, then having them is of no value. I am proud of my collection and the people that get to see them drools over them. Thugs are afraid me.

·
Registered
17,169 Posts
I am not politically correct. If I want something and can afford it, I will buy it no matter what others think. There are some in the world, including some neighbors as well as relatives of mine, that feel I buy too many guns now. I look at buying guns as being a great investment that yields a good return for me. Only problem is I very rarely sell a gun.
You too! :image035:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts

Nope.

If I had millions to burn, I'd find another use for that money. Owning a notorious keepsake just doesn't appeal to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts