Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first 9mm and not been able to shoot it yet because I can't find ANY ammo locally.

If this a good deal? 9mm, BVAC, 124 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Bullet, 50 Round box 21.97/box plus shipping. Shipping on 5 boxes is 15.47. Total $125.32 for 250 rounds so .50/round. No tax since I don't live in MT.

·
Registered
149 Posts
50 round boxes of fmj ball ammo are going for around 13-15 bucks, (IF...BIG IF... you can find any) so 50 rounds of jhp ammo for 22 isn't horrible.
I wouldn't be scared to get a couple boxes just to get your new gun dirty, but I would wait for a better deal to stock up.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I just got some 115 gr FMJ Friday at the LGS for just under .40/round but could only get 2 boxes. That being said it does not do you any good if your LGS does not have any. That is not a great price for practice ammo but if you don't have any I would go ahead and buy the 5 boxes just so you can shoot your new gun and hope when you need some more you can find a better price. What you are looking at is JHP which can be used as a SD round as well.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I bit the bullet (pun intended) and ordered 250 rounds (1 box for another guy here at work). Not happy about the price, but I do want to get it dirty. I will keep looking for better prices because I don't want to add to the buying frenzy.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet (pun intended) and ordered 250 rounds (1 box for another guy here at work). Not happy about the price, but I do want to get it dirty. I will keep looking for better prices because I don't want to add to the buying frenzy.
That price is still a lot cheaper than a lot of the stuff out there right now. Unfortunately it is not much more to ship 5 boxes than 2 so you do not really have much choice but to buy the 5 boxes. If you only bought 2 it would probably bring the price up to around .65 per round.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've still been finding 9mm FMJ at my local walmart occasionally for $14/50 rounds. They are only getting it once in a while, though, and limiting to 3 boxes per customer. That's a decent price for JHP right now. I can't find any of that at all locally in recent times.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
If I owned a gun and no ammo, I would buy it. If I owned a gun and no ammo and it was $3.00 per round I would buy some, might not be but a mag full, but I would buy some.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
well, it's about double what it was, but in this era of the witch hunts, it's not unexpected.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.