Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a new Mini-14/20CF. It is the model with the collapsible & folding stock with the accessory rails and Ruger rings. Check it out in the link below. My local gun shop gave me a price of $630.00. I gave them my name & number to call when they get one in.

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifles & Mini Thirty Rifles*Autoloading*Rifle (M-14/20CF) Overview

Is this a fair price? I really like the compactness of this model and I think it would make a great "take it anywhere" defense rifle. It could fold up and fit nicely under the back seat of my truck.

I have an older style model Mini 14 (stainless, not a ranch rifle) with its original stock and a Tapco collapsible stock that I will be trading. I haven't got a trade in price yet on my old Mini-14. What price should I be looking to get on my old Mini-14? $500.00? More? Less? I am looking to try to sell my old Mini-14 at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot coming up the weekend of October 9, 10, & 11. By the way, I already have 2 AR-15s and an M1A Scout Rifle. This new Mini 14 would simply replace my old one.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ruger Mini 14s aren't gonna' get any cheaper. Trying to save $25-50 for a yet unlocated "bargain" could cost you the opportunity to get this one. Sounds fair to me. You shouldn't have any trouble getting $500 for your old one. See you at Knob Creek.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
for that one i would say its a great price regular synthetic stock ranch rifles go for over 700 here

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased that exact same model mini when it came out 3 or 4 months ago. That is a pretty good price. I purchased mine around $700, but it's well worth it.

I added a 1911 style buffer and I can stay in a 6" circle with my zero mag red dot at 100 yards and less than 2" groups at 50 yards.

Highly recommended.

Here's some pics of her from another forum
My new Mini-14 (581) Tactical

1 - 6 of 6 Posts