Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Old, last I heard was they were recalled because of issues with the ambidextrous slide stop causing the slides to fall off.

·
Premium Member
36,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Dateline is 8/16/16, so I'd say old.

I've seen reports that some are in the wild, being tested by some police departments. Also know this was the gun Glock submitted for the latest round of trials for the Army contract, but was beat out by the P320. Haven't seen any pics of one besides these on any of the Glock pages I'm on, so I'm not sure if they are really out there yet or not.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Yes, it's true. Gaston Glock is on his fifth generation of young girlfriends.

Sent via my subspace communicator

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Not sure why they'd go back to a single pin above the trigger. They added it for a reason, didn't they?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
17,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gee, I thought we already had five generations of Glocks. I guess there may soon be six, the new one called gen 5. It's perhaps a bit obscure but there was a gen 2.5 glock which is a gen 3 lower but is missing the accessory rail.
No clue.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't have the slightest idea. I'm not a glock guy. Every one I've tried seems to fit my hand more like a shoe than a glove. The last thing I want in a potential life or death/self defense situation is to be fumbling with my weapon trying to get a proper grip. Maybe someday but until then I'm probably better off with a sharp stick and a rock instead of a glock. Ruger has always been my weapon of choice. Whether i was shooting my Gp100, my P85, or currently my SR9E (even my old army) it didn't matter. Once they cleared leather they felt more like an extension of my arm rather than something I was holding in my hand. Believe it or not I've had a problem with Smith & Wesson too. I once had a model 17 I was so horrible with this 22 I had the sites and even the barrel check to make sure nothing was bent or broken as I had bought the gun Second hand. After watching my gunsmith and his associate consistently shoot half inch groups I knew it was me. I promptly sold the gun and have never owned a Nother Smith and Wesson. I really wish somebody could explain to me why this happens. I suppose it could have something to do with the half a dozen surgeries I've had on my right hand. As of now those are the only two brands of weapons that I've ever had a problem with. I've had shooters with much more experience than me watch me to see if they could pick up something I was doing wrong. But to no avail. I was wondering if anybody else ever ran into a problem like this. Sorry if it seems like i hijacked his thread it wasn't my intention. But as what was posting this I thought I'd check with my fellow fellow members to see if anyone's ever heard of anything like this before. Thanks guys and sorry again for getting a little sidetracked.

·
Premium Member
36,753 Posts
I don't have the slightest idea. I'm not a glock guy. Every one I've tried seems to fit my hand more like a shoe than a glove. The last thing I want in a potential life or death/self defense situation is to be fumbling with my weapon trying to get a proper grip. Maybe someday but until then I'm probably better off with a sharp stick and a rock instead of a glock. Ruger has always been my weapon of choice. Whether i was shooting my Gp100, my P85, or currently my SR9E (even my old army) it didn't matter. Once they cleared leather they felt more like an extension of my arm rather than something I was holding in my hand. Believe it or not I've had a problem with Smith & Wesson too. I once had a model 17 I was so horrible with this 22 I had the sites and even the barrel check to make sure nothing was bent or broken as I had bought the gun Second hand. After watching my gunsmith and his associate consistently shoot half inch groups I knew it was me. I promptly sold the gun and have never owned a Nother Smith and Wesson. I really wish somebody could explain to me why this happens. I suppose it could have something to do with the half a dozen surgeries I've had on my right hand. As of now those are the only two brands of weapons that I've ever had a problem with. I've had shooters with much more experience than me watch me to see if they could pick up something I was doing wrong. But to no avail. I was wondering if anybody else ever ran into a problem like this. Sorry if it seems like i hijacked his thread it wasn't my intention. But as what was posting this I thought I'd check with my fellow fellow members to see if anyone's ever heard of anything like this before. Thanks guys and sorry again for getting a little sidetracked.
That was all we really needed to know.

·
Banned
854 Posts
The G17/19 is supposed to be a LEO- including the FBI- spec gun. I think it was Glock's effort to gain a contract by beating certain requirements of an RFP.

I think Sig P320 beat it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts