Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my gun store today just BSing... and some one said the there has been a Law passed in congress that ammo will only have a shelf life of one year due to some kinda additive?!!? Is that true?? If so when is this going to happen?

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
:bs2:

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Let's have some common sense here. A couple months ago we had a thread
on what's the oldest ammo you shot.Many was 50 to 70 years old.Forget that last sentence I'll take all the year old ammo in all calibers with that special additive that you Alaskans put in the gunpowder.I'll be glad to pay for shipping
on all center fire pistol calibers,all center fire rifle calibers.Let me know what you have for inventory,Thanks

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My ammo has a powder in it that doesn't even last a month,between loading and shooting it has almost zero shelf life

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is that old story going around again? It went around about 10 yrs ago. Back then the story was there was a micro-chip in every primer that was set to go inert in exactly 2 yrs from date of manufacture.
About 15 yrs before that the story was the powder had a coating that would dissolve in 2-3 yrs and as a result the powder would absorb moisture which would cause the rd to fail.
You need to find a different gun store to hang out in. That one is for idiots.

·
Super Moderator
17,068 Posts
I was at my gun store today just BSing... and some one said the there has been a Law passed in congress that ammo will only have a shelf life of one year due to some kinda additive?!!? Is that true?? If so when is this going to happen?
I say the next time you go there be sure to wear hip waders, getting mighty deep there.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
No, but it has been talked about...in CA, obviously.:rant::hand1:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yes, it is true. Just send all that old ammo to me for proper disposal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.