Defensive Carry banner

Is your first EDC still your EDC?

• No, I do not carry it at all

Votes: 67 44.1%
  • I carry it once in a while but not every day.

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Yes, I carry it every day

Votes: 33 21.7%
  • I carry it the most but not every day.

Votes: 22 14.5%
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the poll I really wanted to do but instead did one on the first gun bought. I have run this poll on other forums and am curious as to the results here.

Most people tell me that they do not carry their first carry gun. I tell new students that the odds are that they will end up with several carry guns so not to stress too much over their first carry gun as if it has to last them the rest of their life.

So is the first carry gun you bought for every day carry still carried every day?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yes, indeed. Ruger SR9c. I have others that are used but this one gets carried most often.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
My first edc was an LCP. I carried it for over a year. I shot it on a regular basis. One of the few guns I've owned that I have truly hated. I got rid of it a few months ago.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Absolutely not! I started carrying 9 years ago with a beretta 32. It was ok but since then I have gone through a multitude of carry guns until I finally found what I believe to be the ideal carry gun. I could have saved a bundle if I had bought it sooner! I don't name it here because what is ideal for me may not work for someone else.

Here's what I wanted In a carry gun:
Decent caliber
Very light weight and thin
Small enough for pocket carry
Decent sights
Fairly good accuracy
So far, 100% reliable
Eats everything I feed
No unnecessary controls

What more can I say?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
While not the same gun I do carry the same type and model. (XDsc)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Glock 23. It is a perfect tool for edc. That's why I bought it. I want to add a pocket pistol for this summer but the glock will always be the go to piece for me.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
Everyday carry is not limited to a single handgun around here however the Smith & Wesson Model 10, which was my first handgun back in 1975, is still in the rotation.

Reactions: SWIll and Rigrat

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
My EDC gun was my only handgun for about 6 years. It was an XD 40 SC. I bought a Glock 19 and it became my EDC (usually).

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I carry a glock 19 gen 3 with DPX in a Frickie Archangel AIWB holster. Ghost trigger. Sprinco spring and guide rod.

Very happy, nothing hardware related to change.

Train FoF where I make changes/improvements to tactics.

Reactions: Jdunn217

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
My first EDC was the LCP. Now the LCR gets the carry nod most days.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Kind of, I bought a PF9 since I was intrigued by the small size and weight for a 9mm. I've since bought several nicer guns but the PF9 remains my jogging/getting dirty/need something super small choice. It works fine (I got lucky) but if/when it starts to rust out I'll probably just retire it to the safe if Kel Tec can't fix it for free.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
No, my first EDC was a S&W model 60 that I carried for many years. Since the model 60 I have carried a S&W M&P 9mm, a M&P 40 and now a XD40 SC. I do often carry either a LCP or a LCR when dress dictates.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I guess I just don't like change. I've bought several other carry guns, and even tried them out a few times, but I still end up going back to my original.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I carry a glock 19 gen 3 with DPX in a Frickie Archangel AIWB holster. Ghost trigger. Sprinco spring and guide rod.

Very happy, nothing hardware related to change.

Train FoF where I make changes/improvements to tactics.

My first carry weapon was a Gen 3 G 19 as well. So naturally it is still my most carried weapon!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My first edc was a taurus 85 38 special. And Ive since then sold it and have carried several guns since. My main carry now is a S&W m&p9mm compact. I love autos but have been contemplating purchasing another revolver.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
My first EDC was an SR9c. It is still my fav carry gun, and if I am able to carry all day it is on me in an IWB holster. I cannot carry at work or even in my vehicle on company property. So my carry gun for short juants is my S&W Airweight, nestled in my pocket holster.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My first was a Kimber Pro CDP, I then tried in no certain order Kahr PM9, S&WJ, Ruger SP101, XD9c, XD45, P3AT, Sig 226, PF9.
I still carry the Kimber Pro and the P3AT bug and the rest have gone down the road I am now considering carrying a M&P9c if it makes it thru the prelims but doubt the Kimber Pro will ever be totally replaced.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Guess I misunderstood the question. When CC became legal in my state, I was among the first to be licensed, & I already had several handguns suitable for CC & really don't remember what I started with. BUT I have bought several since mission specific CC guns. Kept some traded some.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts