Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so Contact them via their website and ask them to remove it. On KSCCW.com we maintain a database of those bussiness's that post their locations. I had occassion today to go to my local store and ask them about the sign. We have had several other stores remove the posting after we posted on the site.

·
Super Moderator
18,158 Posts
None of the three we have are posted.

·
Registered
236 Posts
None of the three we have are posted.
The one I used for years wasn't posted. They got a new manager and now it is. He says the police brought him the sign. I think he just got out of college and is an idiot. He posted an improper sign and a cop may have seen the sign and brought a n approved KS AG sign.

But another Walgreens a few blocks away is not posted.

But if the first location doesn't unpost, I will drop the whole chain. Wal-Mart or Dillons are as cheap and the only advantage of Walgreens is they are open 24/7.

I still have not heard from corporate.

KSCCW is still not up, but soon I hope.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I was in three Walgreens today and none were posted . I carry concealed so it's no problem. if they give me a problem I'll just switch to CVS and spread the word to the rest of the ccw crowed that I know.

·
Registered
42,060 Posts
I can understand the intent of the pharmacies posting (they are] a prime target for drug robberies) but they just don't seem to understand the BGs don't give a crap about a "No Guns" sign, and in fact, it probably makes them feel safer.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Here in Arizona I haven't noticed any signs at Walgreens, but I will take a closer look. We have a new store close to my house and I do like it. If I see a sign posted, I'll drive out of my way to Target (no pun intended).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not holding my breath either Jim, I figure the No Guns No Money Card met with File 13 since Valgeef was the manager. He was pretty quick to pull out the "Corporate made me do it card". That's OK I've got lots of opions and our's isn't open 24 hrs anyway.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm not holding my breath either Jim, I figure the No Guns No Money Card met with File 13 since Valgeef was the manager. He was pretty quick to pull out the "Corporate made me do it card". That's OK I've got lots of options and ours isn't open 24 hrs anyway.
There are now about 5,000 Sedgwick County residents with CCH and maybe 4,000 in surrounding counties. If they are mostly from families of 4 and they stop buying from the chain, the chain will set the one store manager straight. I spend less than a $1,000 a year [a lot less since the prescription discount card] but if 5,000 customers left, a $5,000,000 drop in sales would be noticed.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i went into walgreens here in Norristown PA and there was no sign i was OC and talked with the armed security guard he said he would definitely carry down here :p

·
Banned
908 Posts
None of the drugstores in my town is posted, including Walgreens.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have carried in Walgreens before. Have never noticed a sign. Haven't looked too hard though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Walgreens in Parsons, KS has never been posted to my knowledge. The one in Pittsburg, KS was posted for a long time but I notice that for the last few months, the sign is gone. Don't know if they took it down intentionally or if it was taken down to wash windows and never replaced. I don't intend to ask and remind them to put it back up.

Hoss

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is your Walgreens posted...
It had better not be.... I'll be finding another drug store, and telling my friends and family.

Wonder why businesses do such things... Do they really think that a bad guy would honor the request?

Whereas good people do honor the request by taking their business elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
They can't post them in FL...it would be a waste of poster board.:hand1::22a:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I haven't been in any pharmacy here in VA that is posted.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts