Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ISIS Graphic Video: Kids' Shooting Exercise With Living Targets

NSFW, by the way. Takeaways:

The tactics and techniques may be flawed but they're still not just running into the room shouting Allahu Ackbar and spraying the place. There is overwatch, they are showing fire discipline and running their sectors like I expect any other team to do. They are not being trained to be stupid, in other words.

They come out of this with more conditioning to kill than somebody like me has. They will not hesitate to shoot someone like me in the same way I might hesitate to shoot someone like them.

We can't expect anybody we might face in this country to be untrained or stupid about what they're doing.

Overall, very disturbing to watch. So I guess I'd better get some lessons from it.

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
.....and Water Boarding is too barbaric for us to use.

·
Banned
894 Posts
1) The experts on interrogation point out that torture is ineffective in gaining information and is actually just a way of scaring the rest of the people.
2) We are better than them, or at least we used to be. Now, I don't know.
3) Child soldiers are always dangerous. No fear, not a lot of judgement, but eager to kill.

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
1) The experts on interrogation point out that torture is ineffective in gaining information and is actually just a way of scaring the rest of the people.
2) We are better than them, or at least we used to be. Now, I don't know.
Really, read about the methods used by our native americans during the F&I War......then tell me torture doesn't work. Your only repeating the PC phrase we're all use to hearing......IMO..It Works.

·
Premium Member
38,954 Posts
ISIS Graphic Video: Kids' Shooting Exercise With Living Targets

NSFW, by the way. Takeaways:

The tactics and techniques may be flawed but they're still not just running into the room shouting Allahu Ackbar and spraying the place. There is overwatch, they are showing fire discipline and running their sectors like I expect any other team to do. They are not being trained to be stupid, in other words.

They come out of this with more conditioning to kill than somebody like me has. They will not hesitate to shoot someone like me in the same way I might hesitate to shoot someone like them.

We can't expect anybody we might face in this country to be untrained or stupid about what they're doing.

Overall, very disturbing to watch. So I guess I'd better get some lessons from it.
I had a couple takeaways. Their entry tactics suck, presuming that any would-be enemies in the structure are unarmed and unskilled. Their handlers are training executioners, not soldiers, and certainly not warriors. The graphic violence portrayed is intended to scare and impress. For me, at least, it does neither. I'll bet on actual skills and training over psychopathy and desensitization every time.

·
Premium Member
38,954 Posts
The promise of waterboarding and other forms of torture will serve as a further deterrence to capture/surrender, making the enemy that much more determined to die a martyr's death.

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a couple takeaways. Their entry tactics suck, presuming that any would-be enemies in the structure are unarmed and unskilled. Their handlers are training executioners, not soldiers, and certainly not warriors. The graphic violence portrayed is intended to scare and impress. For me, at least, it does neither. I'll bet on actual skills and training over psychopathy and desensitization every time.
As-is these kids could be easily ambushed. No argument with that. At the same time this is not as stupid as we want to believe the Snackbar customers are going to be (and, admittedly, as stupid as we've seen them be in other videos). If we depend on that we risk death by overconfidence and disdain.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I hate that I think this way now, but....

When your exterminate vermin and insects in your homes, you can't just kill, capture or remove the the adults. That does not provide a resolution to the problem.

Unfortunately and regrettably, given the nature of the ISIS infestation (as demonstrated by this video), we face a similar situation.

I know that sounds heartless, but our alternatives for addressing the problem have been severely and, in my opinion purposely, limited.

Do you think ISIS fighters would hesitate for one millisecond to kill men, women and children that they consider enemies? Obviously not and they have demonstrated that time and again over the last several years.

Fire with fire!!

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
As creepy as that video is, at least some of it was almost certainly staged. Like the guy in the shower stall at 1:30 - shots from angles where there's no camera, body repositioned, blood spatter that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Regardless, it gives a good glimpse into both the tactics and mindset of the scumbags.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It would be easy to run threw a building shooting people in handcuff and tied up.. This is why they need wipe off the face of the earth all of them... In my opinion

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sure it's easy working against tied-up prisoners. Those who dismiss this because of that are missing a point. This is about training, not active operations. You can dismiss the training videos they've put out with adults the same way if you want to set yourself up for failure in a fight with them. You could also say the same thing about your own training. It's training and conditioning and it's setting children up to be the killers. That's what we need to understand here. This is to take advantage of some of our built-in inhibitions. We need to be aware of those inhibitions and do what we can to get past them as and when we need to.

The point about setting up the video angles is good. It could well be a faked production. Can we afford to take it as that, however? We know they strap bombs on kids now. Why shouldn't they be handing them a gun to go under the shirt next time?

·
Premium Member
38,954 Posts
As creepy as that video is, at least some of it was almost certainly staged. Like the guy in the shower stall at 1:30 - shots from angles where there's no camera, body repositioned, blood spatter that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Regardless, it gives a good glimpse into both the tactics and mindset of the scumbags.
I don't doubt the authenticity of the acts portrayed in the video. There were undoubtedly rehearsal runs and editing leading up to the actual executions.

·
Premium Member
38,954 Posts
As-is these kids could be easily ambushed. No argument with that. At the same time this is not as stupid as we want to believe the Snackbar customers are going to be (and, admittedly, as stupid as we've seen them be in other videos). If we depend on that we risk death by overconfidence and disdain.
I'm not trying to be dismissive at all, simply looking at what we are seeing with an objective eye. I hope I am never overconfident in any lethal force encounter, regardless of the age, training and abilities of the opponents.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
The promise of waterboarding and other forms of torture will serve as a further deterrence to capture/surrender, making the enemy that much more determined to die a martyr's death.
First, you don't know that. In fact we know that extreme punishment threats do not deter criminals who don't expect to be caught.

Second though this video is a prelude to a real event, it's faked. Nobody was actually shot; not that it matters.

·
Premium Member
38,954 Posts
First, you don't know that. In fact we know that extreme punishment threats do not deter criminals who don't expect to be caught.

Second though this video is a prelude to a real event, it's faked. Nobody was actually shot; not that it matters.
First is a matter of debate and second is a matter of opinion. Reckon those beheading videos are fake, too?

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I don't doubt the authenticity of the acts portrayed in the video. There were undoubtedly rehearsal runs and editing leading up to the actual executions.
Nor do I, as ISIS are undoubtedly vicious murderers, but it's important to remember that this is propaganda. What we see may or may not be what we see.

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
A bit off topic, I know, but since it was mentioned i will throw this out.

For those who would like more insight to the Techniques designed for the CIA I highly suggest the following book as a must read:

Enhanced Interrogation: Inside the Minds and Motives of the Islamic Terrorists Trying To Destroy America by Dr. James Mitchell, PhD.

It gives a first person account of the processes used by the men who designed them. it also speaks of how the Senate investigation chaired by Dianne Feinstein used cherry-picked data to paint a false picture of who did what.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
They don't seem to be trained very well. One thing I noticed is that they stick the weapon into the room ahead of them. Anybody could take a gun away from them like that. Another thing is when are scouting around the building the ones who are behind the leader are pointing their weapons at the leader. They seem to know that there is no real threat against them by the way they run through the building without watching out for any danger. This really doesn't strike a lot of fear into me. I think that they wouldn't last very long if they broke into the average home in our country. Looks like another propaganda film by the low life that enjoy cutting peoples heads off. Have you seen any of them in a fair fight? Yes it looks staged because they don't shoot the guns next to the others ears. They are spread out when the start shooting.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts