Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose the actual chances of any one individual being caught up in one of these terror attacks is still pretty remote, but I saw something tonight on TV, showing some actual footage of one of the terrorist getting shot, then thrashing around on the floor, before detonating an explosive vest, and just had to comment, because this is exactly the situation I have mentioned before, where I advocated shooting a terrorist even after he is on the ground if he does not appear to be dead.

In the video, I don't know what the guard was doing after he shot the terrorist, but he did not put a finisher into him and let him detonate his vest. If the guard had not failed to finish him off, the terrorist could have been prevented from detonating the bomb in his suicide vest. This is a brave new world, or maybe it's not all that new, but the guard messed up due to training, laws, etc. These terrorist deserve no quarter, and no chance to inflict more damage.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
No quarter whatsoever!

Reactions: GeezerSquid

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Reactions: Goldy49

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is where LEO and secutiy have to make the decision to terminate a person, and hope the decision was correct. A tough decision to make in the heat of it, do not know what intell they had.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I suppose the actual chances of any one individual being caught up in one of these terror attacks is still pretty remote,
The odds are increasing daily.....Turkey is being targeted by ISIS due to the fact they allow USAF flights to use their bases. And YES, the security guy should have finished him off on the spot. We see the reason now. As for Obama...lesson will never be learned.....

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
No doubt, the terrorist should have been finished off.

But what about the possibility that security has been advised that they should take them alive, if possible?

My guess is that the Turkish intelligence service is very effective at extracting info. :image035:

Reactions: Hoganbeg

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
If we(Americans) don't learn from what's going on around the world we will pay plenty. We gripe about security at airports. Then you see this happen. I hope people think before they vote in November.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't worry, our government is hard at work...

trying to figure out how to blame this on the NRA.
How? They'll just say it a lot and some people will think it's true.
They'll probably also say that we should have a ban on AR-15s because that's what blew up the airport.

·
Registered
686 Posts
didn't watch the video, but are we sure it wasn't a deadmans switch? once your dead you still achieve your goal using one of those. If I may be serious for a min. lives were lost in a war, and don't mistake this for anything else, you would think for a minute or two maybe we could stop with the childish banter and take in the severity of what just happened. While I too am in the political struggle the 2A is to us I also realize there is a great wide world outside of my own that is currently in a grave situation. Not everything is about us my friends, sometimes its about far greater situations then our own. We need to keep ourselves vigilant and hope all the rest of the worlds community does as well, its the only way we can take down the evil that plagues our globe.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
We are living in a world that is falling apart and nothing is strange anymore. Israel is living in this danger 24 hrs. a day. WE will see more of it. Stay prepared! Alert! Ready for the unexpected. We just had a Bank robbery in a town of 12,000 today.

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
In an active shooter incident nowadays you have to assume a bomb vest and aim for the head shot. My understanding is that dead man's switches are not commonly used due to risk of premature detonation.

·
Premium Member
3,638 Posts
After watching the video on several different sources, the guy was shot multiple times. I counted three hits.
Leg, hip and in the side.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Today, it is all too often either a dead man or a remote attached to the "Prayer Vests" used by the usual nut job. Either one just uses the wearer as a transport for the bomb.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
How? They'll just say it a lot and some people will think it's true.
They'll probably also say that we should have a ban on AR-15s because that's what blew up the airport.
I wondered if Obama was going to tell Turkey they should ban guns now.

Reactions: Rhinoman
1 - 20 of 29 Posts