Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
If i hear it one more time :aargh4:

It seams like every single video or article I see or read they say this at some point when talking about the Ruger SP101.
Now dont get me wrong I love this gun and have it in the 3" version. It is one of my most favorite guns I own and will never get rid of. I have spent hrs hand polishing it inside and out, changed out the trigger and hammer springs and bought custom grip inserts for it as well, it looks beautiful and goes bang every time but I cant stand that stupid phrase lol. Yes it is strong and rugged some might say overbuilt but something about that phrase gets me. I think it is because every single person that says it head someone else say it and so they use it. I would just love to see someone come up with an original saying of their own and not "ITS BUILT LIKE A T#@*"
Does anyone have any other ways of saying it is a strong revolver besides this? Ok rant over just had to get that off my chest.
image00000208.jpeg
image00000208.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Built like an anvil?

Nice polish job.
How about just tough as sh#* lol
Thanks I used a rubbing/polishing compound called Mothers and also Flitz. Just rub it on and rub it off over and over again while watching tv lol. The pictures dont do it justice, in person it looks almost like a mirror.

·
Registered
34,562 Posts
How about--It's built like a S&W 3rd Gen semi auto? That's tougher than a tank.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Sure.

A septic tank.

:danceban:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If i hear it one more time...and goes bang every time but I cant stand that stupid phrase lol.
^ That's the one phrase that I'm sick of hearing...."It goes bang every time!" Well damn! I'd hope so; it's a gun! If it didn't go bang, I wouldn't own or carry it! :vs_devil:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a Pentax brand Spotmatic 35mm SLR Camera that I bought in a pawn shop in Thailand in 1969. I abused the camera body and original lenses extensively but continued to use the camera, enjoying flawless service, until buying a more automated model in the early 1980s.

I have described the reliable old Pentax as being, "As robust as a battleship." I never copyrighted the phrase, leaving you free to use it if you so choose. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
My first handgun was a Llama pistol that was built like a tank - kinda like this one:

Old wrecked tank.jpg :hand5:

·
Registered
185 Posts
How about just tough as sh#* lol
Thanks I used a rubbing/polishing compound called Mothers and also Flitz. Just rub it on and rub it off over and over again while watching tv lol. The pictures dont do it justice, in person it looks almost like a mirror.
I think that's the mental image some people who do not own guns have of those who do...sitting in the recliner endlessly polishing their beloved shootin' iron while bathed in the soft glow of a television.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
It is really no stronger built than a J frame 357 mag. It is just chubby due to the inferior cast material. People confuse chubby with strong.
I don’t know that it makes a practical difference, but the solid Ruger frame (no side plate) seems like it would be more, well...solid.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts