Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came in the mail. I just received my MTAC today and not sure what to think. All the hype for this type of holster? I have been using a CompTac under cover Pro for my G22 , for almost 2 years now and it has been great. I thought the switch would be a lot more comfortable?? I have an extended mag release and it does not sit on the leather, but rather diggs into my side. Should I give it time or maybe it is not the one for me? Any suggestions or things I should try??

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
IMO....get rid of the extended mag release on the G22. Extended mag releases on the Glocks often dig and pinch with a right handed holster setup, especially IWB.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I tried it on and sold it right away. I still think their CTAC model is the best kydex IWB that I have tried. The MTAC is overated.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
If the extended mag release sat on the leather, your mag would eject when you least expected it. I think you're going to have that problem with any good holster. I really like my MTAC... have one for my G19 & G26, no problems here.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Change the mag release back to normal...with a bit of practice, muscle memory can have the regular mag release working with no worries of the holster dropping your mag for you.:blink::image035:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Change the mag release back to normal...with a bit of practice, muscle memory can have the regular mag release working with no worries of the holster dropping your mag for you.:blink::image035:
Good advice. I agree.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to change the mag release first, before I try anything else.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Sure sounds like a weapon issue and not a holster issue.

NCH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts