Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a small mostly retirement town in FL that has a population of roughly 11,000 people with a Median age of 50 years old. It normally is a quite town, without a lot of big drama... Until this past weekend. There was a Officer involved shooting as a result of two drive by shootings down town in the "ghetto". SO found the car matching the eye witness accounts, attempted to pull it over, where it fled from the the LEO and rammed three SO squad cars. They deployed spike strips, resulting in the car finally coming to a stop. The 2 suspects fled into a government housing complex, the K9 was sent after, getting a good bite on one of the suspects who attempted to drag the K9 into a apartment. Officers shot one suspect who was beating and dragging the dog into the apartment. That suspects family immediately took to Facebook to declare their boy was shot because of his race and he was unarmed, and did nothing to harm the LEO's. Maybe I am too blind to see, but I don't get how a suspect who was involved in a drive by shooting, ramming squad cars and hitting and dragging the bite dog is not armed or a threat to LEO. Not even 24 hours later, there was a retaliation shooting in the middle of town (not ghetto) and a threat to all local LEO, FD and EMS posted on Facebook.

Moral of this story is It can happen anywhere, in any city. It is happening more and more, our Gov. is letting it happen and actually making the problem worse. Carry Always, Keep your head on a swivel and NEVER post about anything or on anything that may be race related online. They will hunt you down.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
The perps are often smarter and quicker about social media than the good guys.

Any time, any where.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Weekly event in my city. Now you will get bombarded with the whole mother load of Trayvon, Mike Brown, Freddie etc etc etc......:icon_neutral:

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I live in a small mostly retirement town in FL that has a population of roughly 11,000 people with a Median age of 50 years old. It normally is a quite town, without a lot of big drama... Until
#1 rationalization I read: good location....Until.
Sadly many people are reactive rather than proactive.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I live in a small mostly retirement town in FL that has a population of roughly 11,000 people with a Median age of 50 years old. It normally is a quite town, without a lot of big drama... Until this past weekend. There was a Officer involved shooting as a result of two drive by shootings down town in the "ghetto". SO found the car matching the eye witness accounts, attempted to pull it over, where it fled from the the LEO and rammed three SO squad cars. They deployed spike strips, resulting in the car finally coming to a stop. The 2 suspects fled into a government housing complex, the K9 was sent after, getting a good bite on one of the suspects who attempted to drag the K9 into a apartment. Officers shot one suspect who was beating and dragging the dog into the apartment. That suspects family immediately took to Facebook to declare their boy was shot because of his race and he was unarmed, and did nothing to harm the LEO's. Maybe I am too blind to see, but I don't get how a suspect who was involved in a drive by shooting, ramming squad cars and hitting and dragging the bite dog is not armed or a threat to LEO. Not even 24 hours later, there was a retaliation shooting in the middle of town (not ghetto) and a threat to all local LEO, FD and EMS posted on Facebook.

Moral of this story is It can happen anywhere, in any city. It is happening more and more, our Gov. is letting it happen and actually making the problem worse. Carry Always, Keep your head on a swivel and NEVER post about anything or on anything that may be race related online. They will hunt you down.
He was turning his life around, don't you get it?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Another Dindu Nuffin

·
Registered
289 Posts
The town I live 5 miles outside of has a population of 450. Even it has it's bad apples. The next town has 7000. That's where most of the trouble is. The interwebs has a lot to do with the trouble around here. One kid bad mouths another on Facebook and then his friends see it and before you know it, they're after each other. Meth trafficking too with all the farming going on.. It doesn't matter where you live these day. There's trouble just around the corner if you look hard enough. I carry everywhere I go.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The "I live in a quiet area, nothing ever happens here" attitude is unfortunately to common. People need to realize that evil will show itself in even a small, quiet neighborhood. I live in a small rural area, for myself I feel I need to be more alert and more prepared. If evil decides today is the day, calling for help would take way to long and the sound of gunshots would bring no response from the few neighbors because everyone shoots on their own land so hearing gunshots is a norm. Unfortunately people have to decide if they want to just be sheep in a world filled with wolves or fight back.

Reactions: jumperj

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
Drugs are everywhere these days and no matter how small the town or community.

The issues with that a comparatively small percentage of people of color have with law enforcement will eventually need to be solved somehow and in some way or the only other alternative will be constant chaos with innocent and nonviolent blacks and other minorities ultimately paying the highest cost....unfortunately.

Because good cops (who don't want to be cannon fodder) will just not..."police" some neighborhoods or they will quit law enforcement and take other jobs.

It is an incredibly sad situation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've lived on the same farm for 66 years . In my own house for 45 and it's been robbed 3 times . Other depredations were thwarted through vigilance on our part . LEO's are willing to help but they can't be everywhere in the county at once . We have to take responsibility for our own safety . You never find us beyond arms reach of a defensive arm 24/7 .

·
Registered
233 Posts
I live on 5 acres outside a small California town (population 40,000). There apparently have been some murders in town and recently an armed holdup of a pharmacy. On another forum I frequent a lawyer who posts frequently and provides excellent insights in the law suggested that investigating a prowler outside your house is probably not a good idea since you run the risk, should the encounter somehow become violent, of being seen as instigating the encounter. How have we gotten to this place in our society? So I see what I think is a prowler out by my tool shed or barn and I ?? Call 911 or the Sheriff? 911 would probably ask how far away the individual was and does he present a threat. The Sheriff's deputies are spread very, very thin and I can't see one of them showing up anytime soon. So I guess we just keep our insurance company on speed dial at least until someone breaks the door down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in a very rural area. We had a suicide by cop some years ago. We don't worry about burglars and the like because no they don't happen here. We don't depend on the police. They are easily 20 min away. My neighbors are within sight though. We don't lock our doors at night or ever. Car keys are left in the ignition. You would think we are ripe for the pickings. You would be wrong. My neighbors are within sight of me and I am within sight of them. It's odd. The longer the police response times are the less crime there is.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Bad things can happen anywhere, even in a small town. Been this way for at least thousands of years. As always, be ready and don't become complacent. Normalcy Bias is the enemy.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Yep it can happen any where and probably will. We are in for a very rough 4 years. God Bless our country.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sorry to hear of your hometown misfortunes. Yep, it's an epidemic that the CDC can't address. While there are some disadvantages to backwoods living (my own water well, propane power, 17 miles to Kroger) there are some advantages. WAIT! Those...ARE advantages! :yup:

May our Heavenly Father bless us ALL. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Anubus and Bandit99

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I live in a New town of just 10 years old next to two established towns of more than 100 years. There is no government housing within miles of any of us. The busses don't run out here. The police are nosey and can be seen day and night all over the place. The biggest crimes are car break ins. We have more than 50 cameras and ring door bells in our neighborhood of 64 homes. The police were recruited from the top performers in larger jurisdictions and have more than proved their worth. They are all on the same radio system so cross use and responses is fast. Every day one of the departments gets more of the trash off the streets in record time. One of their most remembered sayings is "You can run from the Police but you will only go to jail tired!"
I give thanks for this every day and do carry all the time except in the shower or bed!

Reactions: Gabill and Bigwim
1 - 20 of 28 Posts