Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND INFORMATION in my other thread :hand10:

well after looking at 20 or so 1911's I came home with a kimber custom II... I like the sights better than the standard SA sights. I could have gotten a bare bones GI 1911, and modded it, but I did not want to wait a week for this and then a week for that. So I bought the kimber instead. No factory add-ons.

got a good deal on it + got almost the high side of what I wanted for my trades. sucks it only comes with 1 mag, and a 7 rounder at that. A WC 8 rounder fits ok for me though.

Put 100rds through it today and felt good. Now to get a holester....:banana:

·
Registered
570 Posts
And they shoot good. I have the same thing, it was my first 1911.
It also shoots anything and everything I ever shot through it.
Good Choice!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice choice Bags! You really can't go wrong with a Custom II, they are alot of gun for the money.

There is a reason Kimber only sends one mag with their gun's! because the mag's suck! you have the right mag in it now with the Wilson.

Ti.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
nice

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Nice pistol. Enjoy. I hope to get my first 1911 this summer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
im madly i love with my kimber and have been for about five years never a reason to complain but bought a plastic smith and started complaining lol . the mags are not as reliable as some aftermarket mags just dont skimp on thease spend a coupla extra bucks worth it in the end. like you dont run low octain gas in a hoped up 69 fire bird same for a fine weapon imo great looking gun sure you will love it congrats

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Very nice looking pistol. It looks like you made a great choice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Man!!! Bags!!! Now you have my envy!!! Great looking piece!!! Now,....How about us going to the range? Uh,...so I can uh,....uh.... see it?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
That is a good looking gun. Choosing a holster can be harder than choosing the gun. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
+1 yellow

great gun, hope to purchase the same thing to accompany my ultra carry II. you can't go wrong with Kimber. I hope you love it as much as I love mine.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Nice gun. I bought three WC 47D mags from Brownell's and replaced the slam pad on one with the low profile steel pad, that's the primary mag for carry. The steel adds weight so you get a drop free mag release and it doesn't stick out as much as the std. pads - less printing. CMC Shooting Stars are good too but I've gotten to the point where I prefer nylon followers in all my mags, the CMCs are now my range only mags.

Give us a range report!
Jack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts