Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my CC permit, and as soon as I did it went straight for the closest Wally World.

It took 49 days to get...

On day 46 I went in to get my temporary since I hadn't received it yet (they are supposed to provide it within 45 days) The girl at the front desk of the Clerks office said it was approved by the judge but they haven't gotten the permit yet it'll only be a few more days. So instead of stirring things up, I just said ok and left.

Well today I got tired of waiting, I went to the Clerks office and wasn't gonna leave without my temporary. The guy there said it's not ready yet... but to have a seat he'll be back in 5 minutes.

Sure enough 5 minutes later he came out with my typed up actual permit. He even laminated it for me on the spot.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Congratulations! Now you just have to brake it in by doing your WWW.

Don't forget the nachos!

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Good for you

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats elite, do you in the city or county of Roanoke? I'am in the county. My Walmart is on 220 South. No ammo.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
And the clan grows ever stornger...Represent us well and be safe.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Congrats on your permit. The nice thing about VA's CC law is they can't drag their feet. They have to issue in 45 days, or issue you a fully valid "temp" until it is approved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats elite, do you in the city or county of Roanoke? I'am in the county. My Walmart is on 220 South. No ammo.
Hey Roy,

I actually live in Salem...

Walmart in Salem didn't have any ammo either, but I did stumble across 6 Winchester 9mm white boxes a couple weeks back... so I bought them all up. Cheapest price I've seen for them across Roanoke.

That's the only time that I've ever seen a Walmart in Roanoke with ammo on the shelves since June (when I bought my first gun, before that I wasn't looking)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats from another newbie. I still need to do my WWW.

Chickening out and doing a quicky run this afternoon to another store.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey Roy,

I actually live in Salem...

Walmart in Salem didn't have any ammo either, but I did stumble across 6 Winchester 9mm white boxes a couple weeks back... so I bought them all up. Cheapest price I've seen for them across Roanoke.

That's the only time that I've ever seen a Walmart in Roanoke with ammo on the shelves since June (when I bought my first gun, before that I wasn't looking)
The Salem Gun Show is today and tomorrow at the Salem Civic Center. You might find some ammo there.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just moved to Salem for a few months and hope to apply for my nonresident CCW here soon! Where do you guys shoot at, I am looking for a place to shoot!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats. Persistence pays off sometimes. Nice of the guy to hook ya up like he did.:hand10:

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just moved to Salem for a few months and hope to apply for my nonresident CCW here soon! Where do you guys shoot at, I am looking for a place to shoot!
Welcome to Salem. I shoot at PSS Range & Training in Roanoke. It's a 25 yard indoor range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts