Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're laying in bed just about to fall asleep and hear that dreaded sound of glass breaking or that big thump shaking the house. You're in bed with only your skivvies on, what do you do first and foremost? Do you get caught with your pants down, or take a few seconds to dress?

Been there done that. I was worried about the family seeing me in my skivvies roaming around the house and being embarrassed. After all, you can't change first impressions?

So, in your bump in the night scenario, are you going to get some cloths on first?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
If there in my house they get me as I am........

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
You're in bed with only your skivvies on, what do you do first and foremost? Do you get caught with your pants down, or take a few seconds to dress?
Skivvies won't save the kids.

·
8,501 Posts
First things first, FRAG OUT! And then I get dressed. : )

Reactions: sixgun and Snub44

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Any intruder in my home will probably sail into cosmos with a most regrettable memory of a naked old man and this barrel flash...I'm just sayin'...

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Ill rock out with my unmentionables out...... I live alone so any such noise automatically means unwanted visitor. Nothing worse than seeing a naked sasquatch with a Glock

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
One of the few things more frightening than seeing a man (me) with a shotgun slung on his shoulder and a 1911 in his hands pointed at you (the dirty criminal), in my opinion, would be a naked man with a shotgun slung on his shoulder and a 1911 in his hands pointed at you.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
No, I gonna pick up my gun and cover the entrance to the room I'm in while my wife calls 911.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Grab the shotgun and rack the slide...no time for getting dressed!

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I sleep in sweats or gym shorts boots fire house style by the bed and gun in arms reach. I can be in boots with weapon of choice in hand by the time I stand up. Weapon only without getting up.:yup:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Grab gun and go. Been in the hospitol too many times to to get embarrased.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Years ago with wife, and two young kids at home one night, a terrific noise came from our front door. I was automatically on my feet, 1911 in hand and headed for the door determined no one would get the chance to enter and harm my family. The thought of me in my "drawers" was a non-issue. (False alarm, it turned out to be our male cur dog trying his best to get away from a feral cat he made the mistake in cornering.)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ill rock out with my unmentionables out...... I live alone so any such noise automatically means unwanted visitor. Nothing worse than seeing a naked sasquatch with a Glock
A naked What ......with a What? Man, that phrase could sure get twisted around! Scares me and I'm not even near your house!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Me, the saying in Texas is: "shoot first, ask questions later." I'll ask myself if I should get dressed after the threat is gone.

Grab the shotgun and rack the slide...no time for getting dressed!
I may get some flack for this, but in my opinion it is NOT a good idea to protect my home with an unloaded shotgun. First of all, I may not have time to rack the slide. Secondly, "racking the slide" is not as terrifying as some believe it to be, and it will definitely give away your position.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts