Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank everybody again for helping me choose my new EDC. It arrived a day after Christmas but considering I ordered it on Dec. 22nd after hours. Delivery time wasn't too bad.

So here it is my new Kershaw Leek with G10 handle.

Love the g10 handle and the s20v steel. It was definately worth the premium for the knife. The grip is super grippy, no slip on this thing. The blade is very sharp, cut myself already. The assisted open is the best part, I've opened and closed the thing a hundred times already. Only complaint I have is the jimping. The jimping on the top of the knife is kind of smooth but I believe the grippy handles would compensate for that. This is a great little knife and it was exactly what I was looking for. Merry Christmas to me. :danceban:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice!!! Kershaw makes great knives, and hard to beat for the money.

·
Registered
493 Posts
:hand10:
Dang that one is nice.. I will be looking for this one! Looks like the perfect leek for me, and to match the skyline..

EDIT: Please post model number too..

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
nice when you say assisted open do you mean you move the blade a little and it flips open with a spring or other such device?

I have a CRKT M21, its not assisted opening but on the back is an oversize nub that flips it open without the wrist flick.

·
Registered
862 Posts
looks very nice! I've been on a Benchmade run lately might have to switch back to the Kershaw's for a while and try to find this somewhere.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Nice pig sticker..............

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Nice Kershaw, with practice you'll be able to easily open and close with one hand...have some bandaids available for the closing part.:image035:
I have two Kershaws and really like them.:hand10:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice when you say assisted open do you mean you move the blade a little and it flips open with a spring or other such device?
Yeah that's pretty much what it does.

I was laying on my couch playing with it and watching TV. Practicing opening and closing with my left hand and I dropped it into my forearm. Made a nice little hole. :redface: Damn thing is sharp.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I love mine but I have had it open in my pocket and while carrying it IWB hooked to my pants. Not fun when it happened! They come with a nifty lock and I use that now since I don't plan on using this in a defensive situation. I carry a fixed blade for that.

I'll have to say, I think that's the best looking version of this knife I've ever seen!

Enjoy!
Gideon

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I love mine but I have had it open in my pocket and while carrying it IWB hooked to my pants. Not fun when it happened! They come with a nifty lock and I use that now since I don't plan on using this in a defensive situation. I carry a fixed blade for that.

I'll have to say, I think that's the best looking version of this knife I've ever seen!

Enjoy!
Gideon
Its kinda of why I like my CRKT. With a flick of the pointer finger the blade opens all the way. with a push the blade lock is positively engaged making it almost impossible to accidentally close the blade. They also have what they call auto-locks which engages the blade lock's lock automatically to make it a virtual fixed blade but I don't like the fact of holding the lever while disengaging the lock to close the knife.

It would be a feature I would use if I'm field dressing a deer or other such heavy duty task.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts