Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my lgs telling me that they got a glock 30s in. I put my name on a list about two months ago. I had pretty much given up on finding one anytime soon so I bought a new carry 1911 (Sig RCS) about two weeks ago. Last week I traded my glock 27 gen 4 for a gen 4 23.
When I got the call for the 30s my first thought was oh well I can at least sell it and possibly make a small profit. So I jumped on that popular gun action site and to my dismay there were over 40 other 30s listed...Last week there was a total of three,all going for over $700

TL:DR- looks like glock is catching up,if you are in the market for a 30s chances are if you act now you can get your hands on one.

Me- haven't decided if I am going to get it. My gun slush fund is a little dry atm. If the 30s was on a gen4 frame it would be mine,but till then I have other options for my edc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's a popular gun for a reason! Go ahead and get it; it will probably become one of your favorites. Mine is a 30SF, and I love it. Have never seen/handled a 30S, but from all accounts they are sweet....

·
Registered
460 Posts
The G30S will be my next purchase. Unfortunately, family priorities and needs trump my gun wants, so it will have to wait awhile. I've got it penciled into the budget for 2015! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
It's a popular gun for a reason! Go ahead and get it; it will probably become one of your favorites. Mine is a 30SF, and I love it. Have never seen/handled a 30S, but from all accounts they are sweet....
I'll second that. It's a great shooter and super versatile. I have a 10mm conversion kit, a 9-round mag really shortens the grip making it very concealable, a 13-rnd mag makes it a good home defense platform, and it's something that you could comfortably shoot all day. 'Very soft recoil.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The GS I went to had one the other day I just can't right now buy another one, getting ready to retire so I will be getting a 2014 Dodge Ram Pickup.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Since the Glock 36's rolled out I have been a fan....I owned a G 30 for about two weeks and sold it....felt so bulky compared to the G 36...I'm most likely will pick up a G30s ..when the Glock gets caught up......

My old worn G36 ..accurate and dependable

·
Registered
204 Posts
My father got one two weeks ago. It is a sweet shooter. It's now his carry gun.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funds were a little short this week buy I couldn't pass it up. Layaway is a great thing. Should be at home in a few weeks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Handled one at the Tampa Gun Show today. It still feel like a brick compared to the Shield I carry. They had 4 altogether and 1 left this afternoon. I could have had it for $550.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts