Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just want to add this to the top of this thread.
It is NOT directed toward striker or any particular forum members.
Forum Members:
Please Think Before You Comment In This Thread & please be mindful of the forum rules.
I know you all will do that.
Thanks!

QKShooter.

Been seeing scattered reports (you know it is underreported) of looting taking place all over New Orleans and southern Louisiana. Never fails that there are those that will take advantage of ANY situation that they can use to their own end.

In a protracted event what would the results be? Roving groups of looting marauders?

Be alert and well armed for sure!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I heard rumor that martial law had been declared - no proof of that yet tho.

For sure the scum opportunists will like leeches quickly see what they can gain, out of other's adversity.

Looting of stores is sickening but even worse is when what is left of folk's homes get looted - that to me is deserving of a lead snack!! Worse still here because so many folks will not be coming back for days or weeks - assuming too they have anything like a home left.

Two elements here tho I have to say, on consideration. The ''usual'' looting that so angers and repulses me is for material goods - the parasites that loot for anything they see of value and often trash things in so doing. OTOH under such extreme circumstances I can see some folks scavenging shall we say - just to find something to eat and drink... I do not get the same revulsion from that I admit.

I am appalled by the scale of all this - and every news report seems to find something more.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You never know when society will crumble around you and I can only imagine what those people are thinking. Further I am hearing now on the news that they are ordering most shelters to be evacuated to include the dome. Can you imagine walking back to your home not knowing if it was there. I remember when hugo came and my dad set up shop. Pops is a Vietnam Veteran and we made it. However, Hugo was nothing like this. Man, I am speechless. :frown:

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
striker said:
Been seeing scattered reports (you know it is underreported) of looting taking place all over New Orleans and southern Louisiana. Never fails that there are those that will take advantage of ANY situation that they can use to their own end.
I know these folks have suddenly been through a lot....... But, looters should be shot on sight! (I'll go back to my corner now. :smile:)

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Just imagine the legal s***storm you would unleash on yourself by shooting one of these poor victims of society, one of our less fortunate brothers who are only trying to improve the terrible hand that life has dealt him, etc.
Seriously, shooting a looter caught red-handed in the act would not be the same as a justified self-defense response....and that is the real injustice.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm watching it right now on CNN, have any of you noticed what all the looters have in common?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have noticed yes - that's all I'll say.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Food

Well, if folks are running around & grabbing food & liquids then that is one thing.
Because any food stuffs (even in plastic packages) that have been exposed to flood water cannot be resold or put back on the shelves anyway.
But, if people are just stealing stuff to steal it & ducking into jewelry stores...then that sure is not good.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just saw them runnig around with an armful of suits smiling as they went by the camera

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Simple Motto needed here.

"You Loot, We Shoot!!!"

:mad:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Apologies

I added an off color post to this thread and it was wisely removed by Bumper. I apologize to all if I offended anybody. Don't know what I was thinking, worried about the lives of loved ones in New Orleans (Slidell)...they are likely dead. Again I'm sorry. Suffice to say that there are SHARKS in the streets of New Orleans from the Aquarium and I hope they find looters before the looters shoot anymore police officers. It's getting like MAD MAX out there. I have friends in DHS who are going to the last place my family members were located to try and ascertain their status. I can only pray now....

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Bad situation, made worse by some of the scum of America. Too bad some folks can't help each other more, especially during crisis.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Shoot & Scoot!

In a protracted event what would the results be? Roving groups of looting marauders?
I have family members LURPING into the area using Mississippi (north) as a backdoor. They are literally infiltrating via heavy duty 4x4 trying to find our lost loved ones. They have generators, food, water and motorized rafts if necessary. I'm sure they'll stay off the main roads and avoid roadblocks and obvious bands of scum. These folks are NOT military trained, but they grew up in Louisiana and hunt and know the woods, so it's almost as good as being an army Ranger. Yes they are armed, but I don't know how. I'm guessing semiauto deer rifles or lever action and handguns. I doubt these Good ol' Boys have AR's or mini-14s. Still I would NOT want to mess with them! However, if there are roving bands of AK equipped looters, they will make a ripe target for desperate vermin, who've already assaulted police officers and shot up local police precincts. I wish I could go with them. If I had my best friend (retired SF) and one of my other military buddies, we could run it patrol style and infiltrate ourselves even being older than screwey looies. It's just a slower stroll for us old lobos.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Last night at work, during a break, we were talking about the looting and you typical left-wing-bleeding-heart-Birkenstocker-wearing lady was commenting on how sad it was that people had to resort to looting. She went on to spew the usual "The rich are too rich and the poor too poor." and that she understood how in cases like this, poor people had to resort to looting. I had to dig deep into my reservoir of self-control not to explode and explain to this bird-brain that: 1) Doing the right thing is a 24/7 concept and it is not to be suspended just because there are no cops around to take you to jail. 2) That she is not taking into account somebody's effort and work that went on building and stocking a store that provided jobs for other people and now thanks to some idiots of low morals and instant greed, their livehood and dreams are gone and 3) If N.O. is 90% under water, there is no power and no water, could she explain to me the survival need for a looted 35 inch color TV, microwaves, refirgereators, etc?
I guess she had more pressing matters to attend 'cause she did a 180 and left the rest area.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Team American said:
Seriously, shooting a looter caught red-handed in the act would not be the same as a justified self-defense response....and that is the real injustice.
That depends. Many states have specific laws dealing with looter situations allowing use of deadly force in such a lawless situation, especially where looters are armed. These laws are on the books from the 1800's sometimes. If they're there, they're valid. Remember, New Orleans is the place where the rate of car jacking was #1 in the nation until the state legilsature passed an "open season and no bag limit" law on them. Nearly overnight the carjacking rate in New Orleans plummeted. The next law passed was similar but pertained to Home Invasion Robbery. Such laws are becoming increasingly common.

Right here in Florida we just passed an expansion of the Castle Doctrine Law that says that you are authorized to use deadly force if you are someplace you have a right to be and are lawfully armed, and you're attacked you can respond with deadly force. The police are prevented from arresting you to harass you and the perp's next of kin is prevented from sueing you for wrongful death. That's a good sort of progression. The Florida law should become a model for the rest of the nation.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ex - I hope very much you soon get some good news - not knowing is hellish.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Don't know which is worse...

P95Carry said:
Ex - I hope very much you soon get some good news - not knowing is hellish.
Against my advice, I have other family members, good ol boy CAJUN types, infiltrating the Zone of OPS and that is a truly DANGEROUS undertaking. I have been warned by my buddies in DHS that folks not residents and found to be armed will be DETAINED INDEFINATELY. PERIOD. There are already "Camps" set up for detention centers. The next problem is the probability that there will be a MAJOR outbreak of both CHOLERA and TYPHOID. I was given such a strong warning of an impending epidemic that I have arranged for my entire family, here in Miami, FL to get booster shots for these diseases immediately and I advise one and all to do the same.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
acparmed said:
Simple Motto needed here.

"You Loot, We Shoot!!!"

:mad:
Dang it!....Why didn't I have a bunch of T-shirts made up with "Looter Shooter" on 'em?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts