Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few Colt Police Positives in 4-inch and 6-inch but this one is 2 ½-inchs (foal maybe) and is stamped Police Pocket chambered for the 32 Police Ctg (AKA 32 S&W Long). Looked up the serial number on the Colt website and shows a manufacture date of 1909, still locks up nice and tight with a very smooth trigger in both single and double action.

Colt_Pocket_R.JPG Colt_Pocket_L.JPG

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Nice, very nice!

For some reason, the only .32 trvolver ive ever owner was an Iver Johnson top break in .32 S&W (short). I keep looking at .32 long revolvers when they pop up and say “someday”...I think running across something like that would make “someday” “today”...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Is an "itty bitty pony" at all like an "itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini"?

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,253 Posts
Very nice.

I know Mr. McGilvrey has one or two of those, and I also know I've been hunting for years for one for less than way too much.

Snake gun fever infected all Colt revolvers in my area about a year ago.
No. That's the only frame size of classic Colt that I don't have. I've long kept my eye open for one. I have its predecessor, the Colt New Pocket, but not a Pocket Positive.

Gene, you done good! That's the barrel length I'd like to find. Extra points because it's one of the earlier ones. I just like seeing the earlier versions of the classic old discontinued models.

·
Super Moderator
16,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No. That's the only frame size of classic Colt that I don't have. I've long kept my eye open for one. I have its predecessor, the Colt New Pocket, but not a Pocket Positive.

Gene, you done good! That's the barrel length I'd like to find. Extra points because it's one of the earlier ones. I just like seeing the earlier versions of the classic old discontinued models.
I’ve seen plenty of the Police Positives but this is the first ever Pocket Positive I have ever seen, another big positive it was a private sale so no 4473.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts