Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I either have to lose some weight, man up and start open carrying or buy a whole new wardrobe of pants.

As I was buttoning my jeans, with my Shield and Remora in place, prior to going out to dinner I noticed how tight they were.

Now I could OC but I would rather not deal with the hassle that is bound to come my way even though it is perfectly legal here.

I could buy a bunch of new pants and slacks but that would eat into my gun and ammo buying monies. I could buy a bunch of outer cover shirts and wear OWB but my fashion coordinator (wife) doesn't appreciate that look regardless of function and it would eat into the gun funds.

So leaves the only other option, exercise. Ugh. Not that I probably couldn't do without a few pounds and an inch here or there but I just don't like "exercising" in the formal sense. Give me a ditch to dig, firewood to chop or gravel to shovel and I'll go hog wild on it but pushups and situps just do nothing for me. I think it's more the thought of the productivity of exercising, I could use the hour of weight lifting for something like cleaning the gutters or mowing the grass. What makes it worse is my wife is a total gym rat.

If I'm not heard from anymore just have someone check a nearby floor for my collapse body. :embarassed:

Anyone know of any "non-exercise like" exercises they'd like to share?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Thirty minutes of sex burns 85 calories or more. It may not sound like much, but it adds up: 42 half-hour sessions will burn 3,570 calories, more than enough to lose a pound. Doubling up, you could drop that pound in 21 hour-long sessions. In short, either spend 21 hours a day in bed to loose a pound a day or actually exercise.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I have the same problem, I keep finding excuses to wear pants that I can pocket carry in when I should just lose the weight and carry a gun all proper like.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I like bike riding. Biking is easier on my 50 year old knees with the cartilage removed. I live in the country, about 6 miles out of town. I can ride to town to pick up a six pack. Oops, I guess that would defeat the purpose. :tongue:

I do geocaching also and there are "caches" stashed all over the country, never being more than a few miles apart in most places. I grab my GPS, SR9c and hop on the bike in search of local caches. So, you get some biking in and a little time walking through a park or the woods looking for hidden treasures. Win-win. Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
:danceban:

·
Banned
431 Posts
NEVER buy bigger pants! That's the beginning of the end, Seriously. I'm fighting being overweight myself it's actually round 2 for me. Back in 2007 I was almost 300lbs, took myself down to 205lb on the Atkins diet and up until a couple weeks ago made it back up to 280lbs. I did good for years then started eating like a douche and then started working from home which sealed the deal. Now I'm back on Atkins and going to the gym M-F. I'd rather not, but the Gym is better than being a fat ass. I'm down 23lbs in 3 weeks, you should check it out. Best Man Diet there is. As far as OC goes, if you want to, do it! People not OC'ing is what has sensitized this country to guns. If people don't like it, tough.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What willl it be, Clothes or Guns? It's a pretty straight forward question. I found that I lost weight when I stopped eating and drinking after 6:00 PM. Nothing but water till breakfast at 7:00AM. Yep, that included beer too. :frown: Probably the beer was the biggest factor. :danceban:

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
1) Chop some firewood.
2 )Stack that firewood.
3) Mow the lawn with an old fashioned reel mower W/O engine.
4) Eat a salad for lunch and supper.
5) Stop eating gravy, spuds, greasy foods, candy, NO Junk foods, No Fast Foods.
6) Chop more firewood.
7) Stack more firewood.
8) Get on your hands and knees and pull All The Weeds in your yard.
9) Eat a nice salad.
10) Take a shower and make love to your wife.

11) Or buy some Elastic Pants and start wearing Suspenders.
12) Buy a smaller EDC gun like a 380.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Suck it up and buy the larger pants!

You will not be making a permanent dent in your budget and you will be moving into a place where you can way more easily carry all of the time--and that is huge.

In the meantime, if you can lose a bit of weight, that is not a bad choice either. But buying larger pants gets you into carrying all of the time, right away. Easy choice for FWIW.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I just kept buying smaller and thinner guns. Anyone make a gun thinner than the Taurus Slim?
Now that got a grin out of me this morning.
When are we going shooting? I was at Firing Line last week for the first time in months.

·
Registered
46,044 Posts
Reactions: Brad426

·
Premium Member
8,646 Posts
Thirty minutes of sex burns 85 calories or more. It may not sound like much, but it adds up: 42 half-hour sessions will burn 3,570 calories, more than enough to lose a pound. Doubling up, you could drop that pound in 21 hour-long sessions. In short, either spend 21 hours a day in bed to loose a pound a day or actually exercise.
And when his divorce papers come through, he'll have lots of extra time to spend at the gym.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Treadmill Exercise machine Desk Computer desk Exercise equipment
Treadmill with shelf so you can read Defensive Carry while you walk for 60 minutes each morning. Typing while walking takes practice however...

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
...PUSHBACKS...I went from 252 to 199 last fall...through the holiday season I've put 25 of it back on...NO excercise change...no walking, jogging, or organized sweating...just eating less...worked for me...
I either have to lose some weight, man up and start open carrying or buy a whole new wardrobe of pants.

As I was buttoning my jeans, with my Shield and Remora in place, prior to going out to dinner I noticed how tight they were.

Now I could OC but I would rather not deal with the hassle that is bound to come my way even though it is perfectly legal here.

I could buy a bunch of new pants and slacks but that would eat into my gun and ammo buying monies. I could buy a bunch of outer cover shirts and wear OWB but my fashion coordinator (wife) doesn't appreciate that look regardless of function and it would eat into the gun funds.

So leaves the only other option, exercise. Ugh. Not that I probably couldn't do without a few pounds and an inch here or there but I just don't like "exercising" in the formal sense. Give me a ditch to dig, firewood to chop or gravel to shovel and I'll go hog wild on it but pushups and situps just do nothing for me. I think it's more the thought of the productivity of exercising, I could use the hour of weight lifting for something like cleaning the gutters or mowing the grass. What makes it worse is my wife is a total gym rat.

If I'm not heard from anymore just have someone check a nearby floor for my collapse body. :embarassed:

Anyone know of any "non-exercise like" exercises they'd like to share?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.