Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
That's it. Pretty simple, but hard to master -- hard to convince yourself not to stage the trigger and wait for the sights to be perfect. You get so excited when the sights do cross the bulls eye, you develop a championship level flinch.
Hard to master ? Yea , well you might master it in some years but the basic come quickly along with improvements . Ha

While your attempt to became a natural with a sweeping a trigger check out Flash Sight Picture style of shooting at least as far as defensive drills go but works for matches to but perhaps at shorter distance . THis was developded by ole Jeff Copper and still taught at Gunsite Academy and by others .

My eye sights not good any more , I wear trifocals and the sights are mostly burred bumps !! I can still place a group of 13 to 15 40sw on a uspsa carboard target sort of quickly ! All shoots in the A zone and might even cover the group with one hand , maybe both . Thats ok as your focus is really down range watching your threat os target in a match , You flash across your sights to check your point of " aim " is on the center of mass you want to hit not so much an aim point but really the slide with no sights can work too . Example - I have a cm9 next to me , it guards my computer . Pointed at a door 30feet away the slide covers close to 9 inches at that distance If rounds hit in the 4 inch wide area in the center . Now those pesky 6" round plates , That requires a red dot most days if there at 15+ yards .

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a question for those that have P365's....I've been out of the country since before they were introduced....and I'm still in the ROK....how's the grip feel right at the web of the thumb/index finger? does the frame feel to square like the p290's did? I handled a p290 back in 2013 and it felt to square..like hit the joints square...if I'm explaining it right...kinda like holding a 2x1...any input would be appreciated...trying to make recommendations for my cousin and his wife of pistol to check out, she has small hands..the area on the grip I'm talking about is circled in red on the picture.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have a P365 and sold a P290RS. I like the grip feel of the P365 more. A LOT. The P290RS was a nice pistol, but the trigger on it was just not to my liking. There isn't a thing I'd change on my P365 (I did add a green laser).

Here with my Seecamp.

Reactions: Rambler

·
Registered
498 Posts
RJ,

I have to ask, is the springy twanginess happening during dryfire or actual firing live rounds. The first time I dry fired a Glock, I felt the same way. Then I actually shot it, and actually firing a round and cycling the gun completely masked/eliminated that. All of that was after the trigger break.

and I've had no problems with it. I recently swapped the grip for the XL since I always carried the twelve round mag anyway. The XL fits my hand better. Another positive on a list of positives but.......
The trigger. I'm confused as to all the positive clean breaking trigger reviews.
My 365 trigger is the worst of any sidearm trigger I've ever tried. It compares to the airsoft pistols I have out in the garage. Spongy, springy and twangy and just doesn't seem solid.
Up until I changed the grip module I could actually feel the trigger mechanism move.
Because of this trigger comparing to my airsofts this is the first time I have thought of a gun as a plastic gun.
I like everything about this gun but the trigger. Twang it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
RJ,

I have to ask, is the springy twanginess happening during dryfire or actual firing live rounds. The first time I dry fired a Glock, I felt the same way. Then I actually shot it, and actually firing a round and cycling the gun completely masked/eliminated that. All of that was after the trigger break.
Yes. Dry fire, can feel movement in the fcu as the trigger comes back then the twangy break. My other two strikers don't behave like this.
I've read in another place that the twangy trigger is the result of the sig fix for the striker drag, but I don't know. I'll call them when work slows down

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have you actually shot the gun? How the trigger feels / functions when actually shot is what really counts.

Yes. Dry fire, can feel movement in the fcu as the trigger comes back then the twangy break. My other two strikers don't behave like this.
I've read in another place that the twangy trigger is the result of the sig fix for the striker drag, but I don't know. I'll call them when work slows down

·
Registered
419 Posts
I also have a 365 with the XL frame. It is my most carried CCW pistol.
I bought mine right after they came out and have had zero issues with it.
I really don't mind the trigger but I have mine torn down into what looks like 100 pieces right now.

I have polished the internals, Waiting on a MCarbo spring kit and a Sig straight trigger and then I will do a comparison range trip.
Trigger pull is 4.5 stock, a little gritty but I can get accurate shots at the range at what I call defensive distances of 5 to 15 yards!

·
Registered
348 Posts
My P365 has a great reset but the trigger is pretty awful. Feels like a sponge with no crispness. I much, much prefer my Glock triggers. But, my Glock 26 won't fit in my pocket like the P365, so P365 is king for now.

·
Registered
419 Posts
3.5 after spring kit and light polish. Trigger is smoother and no grittiness. I fired 100 rounds of several defensive loads like 124 HST and also a bunch of my reloads FMJ and JHP. Still 100% reliable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own and it's my main carry. No complaint with the 365. My trigger is good, solid consistent break.

All of my issues are shooter related.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I have the XL and really don't notice the trigger when shooting. There is some travel, then it goes bang. I do have some neuropathy in my hands; that might explain it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I shot a sample at a demo day at a local range, and loved the p365 trigger. I bought one...and the trigger was truly awful...I described it to Sig service as:

"Symptom: Extremely spongy trigger, feeling like multiple stages. Measured (Wheeler trigger gauge) ranged from ~7 lbs to over 8." Extensive dry fire got it down sometimes to about 6.5 lbs, but the weird, unpredictable multiple stages made it difficult to get used to.

I sent it in to their service, got it back and they indicated that they'd replaced the trigger bar...End result is the nice, clean trigger I'd expected based on the samples.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts