20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may start buying it. :yup:

Link

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I may start buying it.
That is superb - and let me be up front honest - it brought a (big) lump to my throat!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
P95Carry said:
That is superb - and let me be up front honest - it brought a (big) lump to my throat!!!
+1 on the lump, and I will raise you a pridefull tear... I have not had a drink of any kind in almost a decade, but I would gladly buy an A/B product for a buddy after seeing that one.

Thanks for that link.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
great salute to our troops. Too bad more folks here at home can not appreciate em.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
It has been around for awhile.

I hate to say it, but my first thought when I saw it was how different from what us older folks saw during the Vietnam era. Back then if you wore your uniform in public you were likely to get spit on.

I'm sure glad things have changed!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P95Carry said:
Did here, too, Chris....

rstickle said:

I hate to say it, but my first thought when I saw it was how different from what us older folks saw during the Vietnam era. Back then if you wore your uniform in public you were likely to get spit on.

Me too. I can't for the life of me fathom it happening, either. Honestly some of the things the Democrats have been saying makes me think that if they had anything to say about it our returning troops would get the same thing the Vietnam vets did.... :mad:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I haven't seen that commercial, but it was magnificent. It not only brought a lump to my throat, it brought a tear to my eye. What a wonderful tribute to the military and effective answer to the pukes that keep trying to undermine anything the troops accomplish.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
I.... I..... I think I got something in my eye and my allergies are acting up again.
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
:xpb_cry:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Thanks Bumper,

I haven't seen that commercial since Super Bowel 39.
Now to get that dang dust out of my eye.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm glad to see the troops being treated differently than when we came home during the Viet Nam era. I never was spat on, but people seemed uncomfortable around you if you were in uniform. There doesn't seem to be as many "Hanoi Jane's" around now as there were then...maybe that's the difference.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Says something about the company willing to spend a few million to show there logo for 2 seconds at the end of a minute tribute. Best commercial of SB XXXIX. My eyes were watery because it brought back memories of my eagles losing, i don't know about you guys. (act tough)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rocky yes sad but true. I think that if more people would appreciate the soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen the congressRATS would stop the carping.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Kompact9 said:
....... There doesn't seem to be as many "Hanoi Jane's" around now as there were then...maybe that's the difference.
Just wait. I saw a news piece about a former Marine who wrote a book titled KILL, KILL, KILL. He was blasting the Corps with what, if true, woudl be war crimes.
The people didn't turn agains the troops overnight in Nam, it was a slow process. I see the same stuff happening now.
Those of us who went through it, must stand up and make sure it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
rstickle said:

Rest assured, there are people in this country who would love to spit in their eye today too. They usually limit their actions to making the public statement, "I support the troops but not the war." While this is not 100%, it is a good indicator. (Hell, I don't support the war, but my alternative is to horrible to contemplate; it hasn't been used since WWII and then it was only used twice)

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
I've seen that only once before

Thanks for posting it on the Forum Bumper.
It's the most amazing commercial.
My wife has never seen it though & Thanks To Bumper...I'll be able to show it to her this evening.
:congrats: :usflag:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
rstickle said:

amen to that. first hing I did when I got out was go to the restroom remove my uniform, put on civies and dumped thew uniform in the trash. then got on the plane for home and kept my mouth shut.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
raevan - a sad reflection on things then - very sad.

So many guys were treated like scum and I am still appalled when I think back - even now so long after.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
raevan said:
amen to that. first hing I did when I got out was go to the restroom remove my uniform, put on civies and dumped thew uniform in the trash. then got on the plane for home and kept my mouth shut.
Yea, it was a real sad period in our history. I was in from '64 till '85, for a long time my neighbors didn't know what I did when I lived off Post. Really sad. :frown:

I'm just glad the kids defending us today don't have to go through that.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That's from desert storm, if I remember right.

Nope, I don't drink AB products, but I sure appreciate that commercial. Only wish that it was Sam Adams or Shiner Bock that made it :)

Oh, and AB isn't a stranger to CCW issues, they backed Prop. B when MO tried to pass a ballot issue allowing CCW. The ballot failed (we got CCW a few years later), but they did issue a statement in favor.
http://www.moccw.org/ab.html

1 - 20 of 23 Posts