Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Well, 1911'ing is like riding a bike …. you never forget how !!! Nice shootin' iron ! Congrats !

·
Premium Member
5,781 Posts
I just got one a few weeks ago. I've shot it a lot. What sux is it only came with one mag. First time I took it apart was an adventure. Anyway, I'm still glad I got it.

View attachment 300432
Message @OldVet if you have any troubles with the reassembly. He can recommend a nice drink to help get you through it. Hard to find 1911 guys that haven't had a spring go PING! at one time or another.

·
Registered
33,947 Posts
Message @OldVet if you have any troubles with the reassembly. He can recommend a nice drink to help get you through it. Hard to find 1911 guys that haven't had a spring go PING! at one time or another.
I find two fingers of Coke in a tall glass and topped off to the rim with bourbon helps most things.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
3 inch Colt 1911s

I've owned a similar Colt 1911 to yours for several years. Mine is a Colt Defender, and it makes an excellent carry gun because of its small dimensions and light weight (by typical 1911 standards). So I think you should get an appropriate holster and carry yours, although it is almost too pretty for that. I think you will find that these 3 inch Colt 1911s are very reliable and accurate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
It's never too late to come into the light, as long as its caliber starts with a "4".

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The new agents I have seen had the gutter sight. That is really a sweet weapon. The 1911 officer is my weapon of choice for CCW. (most of the time)
From what I've read so far, the only difference between the standard New Agent and the TALO is the sights and the purty grip panels . And I do like the sights.The front sight is tritium surrounded by a huge white dot. Looking down the sights the white dot looks big as a marble.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh, to add an update...it works great with FMJ, so I decided to try out Hornady's Critical Defense HP as they have the same general shape. It cost $50, but happy to report it chugged through 40 rounds of it without so much as a sniffle. Seemed to really like them in fact. It shoots them a tiny bit lower than the FMJ, but not enough to worry with.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Very nice pistol. I know I want a new gun and I am pretty sure it will be a 1911 now you got lusting again. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,994 Posts
The new agents I have seen had the gutter sight. That is really a sweet weapon. The 1911 officer is my weapon of choice for CCW. (most of the time)
Nice little colt, I was really intrested in the gutter sight version .

21 - 34 of 34 Posts