Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for just a few opinions as to if you use IWB at 3:00 do you prefer with a cant or no cant. Also why?

I currently using a Desantis Scorpion for my M&P 40 compact. I am thinking of getting a Comp-tac Infidel as an alternative for those times I just want to slip something in and go. This holster has a cant. I am not sure if that would be preferred over a straight in holster given the 3:00 position

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I only carry using holsters with a 15-20 degree cant...it keeps the grip closer to the body and thus provides much better concealment. It also provides a better grip angle for the draw. :comeandgetsome: OMOYMV

·
Registered
702 Posts
I carry with a cant of varying degrees...depending on the size of the grip. I get better concealment this way. Especially when moving around, bending down etc... I like the angle for the draw better this way as well. I do move my holster around between 3-5 to accommodate different clothing and situations. Also more comfortable for me. BTW...I use a supertuck and like that I can adjust the cant to find the right agle for me.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
At 3:00, a straight up draw feels a little awkward to me, therefore, personally I prefer a forward "cant". I prefer something between 15 and 20 degrees. It also makes the pistol easier to conceal IMHO.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I cant forward 15 to 20 degrees at 3:30. Forward cant helps conceal the grip while moving rearward 30min helps compensate for the grip being moved forward while canted

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
When I carry IWB, it is mainly at the 3 o'clock position as you've mentioned, and for me there needs to be a cant, or I can't carry at 3. I have a straight drop holster, and if I wear that, I pretty much need to move toward noon.....anything between 12 and 2 o'clock work then.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have to carry with cant at 3. I'm a pretty small dude (5'10/150lbs) so even my ultra compact 1911 will stick out to far without cant.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Definite cant at 3:00. Helps with the driving comfort too. That said, I don't personally like IWB and 3:00 is my least favorite position :embarassed:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
3:00 IWB is my favorite position. A 15 degree cant helps hide the grip and provides a faster presentation for me.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
15 - 20 degrees will make drawing much easier and helps with concealment too. :yup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Although what everyone above has said is absolutley true, I prefer to carry with NO cant.
For me, it is just more comfortable to draw from. With a cant, I have to get elbow back and shoulder forward which is somewhat uncomfortable for me (maybe a physical limitation?).

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have an extreme forward cant to all my IWB holsters because it keeps me from printing even if I forget and bend over the wrong way,and it's not difficult to draw from.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not only does a forward cant make for more comfortable driving and better conceal-ability, but the cant also makes it much more difficult for a POS thug to unholster my weapon.:twak:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I would cant if you can.:image035:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, for both IWB and OWB carry, I've always had a slight forward cant on every holster I've owned. Too hard to conceal if it's straight up and down like that.

Now then, if it's carried crossdraw @ 9'o clock (I've done that with a pancake holster before), then it's definitely no cant. Straight up and down only.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts