Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to get some feedback on what IWB the heavier folks are using. It certainly presents challenges for us but I'm sure it can be done. Also, what part of the waistband are you wearing it?

Holsters aren't cheap and I'd like to try one (or two) based on some input from the people here.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Try pocket carry. I pocket carry the 938 all the time. There are several good pocket holsters.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I like Foxx IWB holster for my Glock 19, and a RDR (rounds down range) holster for M&P 9MM, and a RDR holster for 1911.
They work well for me.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I second trying pocket carry. I pocket carry a Glock 43 daily in my right front blue jean pocket.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
I am by no means obese but I do have a bit of a middle-aged belly. My waist size varies from 36 to 38, depending on the cut. I have a Nelson Stealth holsters for sub-compacts to full size guns, and each holster is very comfortable when worn at 3:30. If that carry position works for you I recommend a Nelson Stealth.

Here's a thread I started a while back: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ealth-iwb-most-comfortable-iwb-great-fit.html

I've tried a lot of holsters, and these are the most comfortable IWB's for me.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I probably should have added that I am carrying a Sig P938...in case that matters.

Thanks.
Depending on where you carry your weight, an AIWB may work. A 938 should carry nicely somewhere between 1 and 3 for most people. Pocket holsters are nice too, but are less accessible while seated or driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,340 Posts

5'6" @ 255#. G17 Appalachian Concealment (AIWB)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Hard to advise on a pistol as small as a p938 as most times it could be considered a pocket pistol but give Foxx Little Hybrid a try . They work for a little large pistols well as a couple of them are used in the family . I prefer a comp-tac neutral and have one set for a p320 compact as my EDC but also had a 1911 ultra till my wife claimed it as hers , I replaced with a s&w 699 in a second comp-tac neutral both set up for a older kahr pistol . I'm 5'9 and 225 lb now , was 240lbs for years .

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm 6'0 181 lbs right now, but when I first started carrying I was around 240 lbs. I used and still use a Galco Kingtuk for my 1911, and it absolutely disappears. I know they make one for the P938, so you might look into that one. It is a thin, extremely comfortable holster!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I used to carry 4 o'clock in a Hybrid IWB and was very comfortable even sitting and in the car. I have since moved to single clip hybrid appendix carry and find it accommodating enough. Not quite as comfortable all the time but I seem to do pretty well sitting and in the car as well. I wanted to be able to access my gun with off my hand if i had to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You never said how Lg lol so I will throw my hat in the ring. 6-1 bout 320 and I tote my SR9 with a Tommy Theis IWB. It rides about 4 clock or so. I use a gun belt with suspenders and it works for ME. Rides good back there in my car, truck and bike.

https://theisholsters.com/

my .02

1 - 20 of 26 Posts