Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody carry a Dan Wesson model 15? What's a good inside the waistband holster that'll fit a 4'' barrel? I'm having a hard time finding one. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
A 15-2 inside the pants !! hehehahahahehe . Sorry , had too . I bough my a DW 15-2 in 1976 in naples fl at sunshine ace hardware and I have to say IWB never entered my mind . I love my old DW but I moved away from a snub nose for carry to a kahr tp40 years ago when Underwood start loading 40sw ammo . When a 155gr can manage 1321fps 135gr is a 100+fps faster from a still small lite easy to carry pistol that really can come close to the best 357mag loads out there when fired from a 4" barrel and shorter . My 15-2 had a 8" barrel on it for 36 years for hunting before swapping to my 4 inch barrel and shroud .

IF you will contact Nelson Holsters in NC I'm sure he can make you a leather iwb holster for the highest quality . Just not sure you will like it .

Garrett can manage to make a holster for a s&w K frame . There hybrid Fusion design should work for you. Buy the plastic belt clips . The belt loops sink . There hard to reholster on your body but carry well .. Only problem with ether may be barrel shroud design . Thin or heavy ?? Call and talk in thru .

Good luck

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Yes, my very first handgun.

Has a 2 inch barrel on it hough but $125 was a bit back then as well.

A K frame holster might work.

You will probably carry it with a 4 inch barrel for the summer, but be looking
@2 inches of barrel or somehting different for CCW.

Still there are a number of DW revolver fans out there who wouldn't give their up!

·
Vendor
1,638 Posts
I have built several iwb holsters for revolvers, even some big ones - most of them has been for members on this forum but unless the dw is the same frame as a s&w I don't have a mold gun for that model.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Ervin , I can let you do some measuring or comparing on my 15-2 if the OP would like to have you build one for him ! Maybe borrow mine to mold from ?

·
Vendor
1,638 Posts
That would be very nice of you Sir. I may give you a yell if its needed. Tell your wife we said hello

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts