Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to this site and also new (1 year) to carrying. I am looking for an IWB holster but am on somewhat of a budget. I can spend somewhere around $50-$60. Can you possibly give me some suggestions please. I am carrying a Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II (4"). Thanks for your help and I look forward to your responses and the upcoming years on the site. Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Look on the for sale forums, here and on other forums, for something used. You should be able to find something decent in that price range.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I have one Quick Clip and one Quick Snap for a 4" 1911 already made. Both in black right handed with 15 deg cant. The Quick Snap is setup for 1.5" belt and the Clip is good up to 1.75"

Cost shipped is $40 with my 2009 Inventory Blowout Sale (Normally it is 45 plus 6 shipping).

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Try Don Hume, they have two IWB holsters with snap on loops that would work, the H715 M.S.O. and the PCCH. akj concealco has a nice IWB holster that costs $61.00, a little over your budget, but might be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Don Hume, or possible watch for a Kholster sale. During his last sale, I picked one up for $36. It's a little rough, could use a little trimming and leather treatment, but would work just fine as-is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cuba, unless you absolutely need the holster *now*, I would wait a couple of weeks, save some more money and get a better holster.

Otherwise you risk getting stuck with an ill-fitting holster that you will eventually replace with a better quality (and more expensive) one.

That said, Com-Tac has really nice IWB holsters for well under $100 (some are around $60), and they are great quality.

oh, and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
641 Posts

The pic is of a S &W 1911 in Commander size which is very close in size to the pistol in the OP's post. The holster is a FIST #1 which I have used for years in this IWB combination. This carry combo has been, for me, easy on, easy off and (on a good gun belt of course) resulted in a safe, stable carry. FIST makes high quality stuff and I sure recomment the #1 FIST. It will also fit the price tag specified by the OP.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'd check Bullard if you're thinking Don Hume. I think the quality is a bit better and the price about the same. He has an E-Bay store and you can get stock items in a week. Also he takes PayPal, so it simplifies everything.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Get quality and save money without a long wait...shop here... HOLSTERS

·
Registered
356 Posts
Supertuck from Crossbreed...most comfortable IWB you can get...$69.95 + shipping

IWB

·
Registered
403 Posts
Check out JAGWEAR.COM they have on their web site their in the pants holster that slips on over the belt, they come in either the nylon for $20.00 or the leather for $30.00 I have the leather one & it will fit any of my handguns for carring, great for the right price to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the responses. After much searching and reading threads on here I have decided that I really need to just pay the money and get a good holster instead of buy $50 after $50 holster and not being happy. SO.. I am going to look at getting a good one right off the bat. Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Blade Tech Bobby McGee Nano. Can often find for less than $50 in stock at Midway or Botach, thin, stable, comfortable, (at least for me).

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts