Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two pic's....average IWB holster holding a Glock-26...and second picture of said holster as if it were on my belt.........

Can you see the problem ????? The handle of the handgun is below the belt line..no room to wrap hand around handle for extraction due to the placement of the clip all the way at the top of the holster.

I need a IWB holster (what I call a "high ride")...where the entire handle will be above the belt line.....(clip lower down on holster)......

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

desantos.jpg desantos1.png

·
Registered
837 Posts
You need to get one of the hybrid holsters that allow you to adjust the height and cant of the scabbard with the clips. Crossbreed, Thesis, SHTF, Galco King Tuk etc. or others that are all kydex like Bravo Concealment or Raven Concealment.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to get one of the hybrid holsters that allow you to adjust the height and cant of the scabbard with the clips. Crossbreed, Thesis, SHTF, Galco King Tuk etc. or others that are all kydex.
OK..thanks for those names....do you know .... can you carry appendix with these types..

·
Premium Member
37,021 Posts
Here are two pic's....average IWB holster holding a Glock-26...and second picture of said holster as if it were on my belt.........

Can you see the problem ????? The handle of the handgun is below the belt line..no room to wrap hand around handle for extraction due to the placement of the clip all the way at the top of the holster.

I need a IWB holster (what I call a "high ride")...where the entire handle will be above the belt line.....(clip lower down on holster)......

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A low riding holster with a 20-degree forward cant will eliminate the problem you are experiencing. The Ohio Special from Midworld is one which addresses that issue very well. Some pics and a review of it are here:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...s-midworld-holsters-ohio-special-comparo.html

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
You need to get one of the hybrid holsters that allow you to adjust the height and cant of the scabbard with the clips. Crossbreed, Thesis, SHTF, Galco King Tuk etc. or others that are all kydex like Bravo Concealment or Raven Concealment.
Good post. Just a correction on the spelling of one.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

Great holsters, great maker. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Desantis "cozy partner" 20130527_115828.jpg

got mine at cabelas on sale for 50 bucks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I carry every day in a Remora holster, it is a clipless holder which allows me to position my gun at whatever position, height, or cant that I want. It work by using friction to hold the holster in place IWB. They are fairly inexpensive, I recommend them. There is another product called a Sticky holster that works in a similar manner.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A low riding holster with a 20-degree forward cant will eliminate the problem you are experiencing. The Ohio Special from Midworld is one which addresses that issue very well. Some pics and a review of it are here:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...s-midworld-holsters-ohio-special-comparo.html
Bulls eye.......man I really like the vids on the double time from Galco.....would work for me in warm weather (iwb) and cooler weather (owb) and I love where the handgun rides...thank you...I think you solved my problem......:wave:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great choices and I appreciate the input.......now...anybody know of a DefensiveCarry Forum addict group I can join...I'm loosing weight, sleep depraved, and finding ways to call in sick to work to be on this site.....This is worse than any Facebook or Blog site I ever saw....Even when I turn off this laptop and the lights I can hear it calling me saying...."Come on back you know you wanta read the last post...hurry...we're missing everything"........:aargh4:

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
High Noon holsters. Very similar options to what you posted, but available in high ride, with or without cant.
These are good quality leather holsters.

·
Registered
414 Posts
dben, another name to look at is Old Faithful... they have an appendix version which is similar to their regular version but with more of a vertical cant to it. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

Get their Quick Assembly Kit. Great price and takes less than 20 minutes to "assemble".

As a matter of fact, I have one of their appendix/belly versions that I'd be willing to send you. I'll PM you in case you don't see this.

Iggy.

Reactions: KiDGiB

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dben, another name to look at is Old Faithful... they have an appendix version which is similar to their regular version but with more of a vertical cant to it. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

Get their Quick Assembly Kit. Great price and takes less than 20 minutes to "assemble".

As a matter of fact, I have one of their appendix/belly versions that I'd be willing to send you. I'll PM you in case you don't see this.

Iggy.
back at you...........

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Much appreciation guys....I think the situation has been addressed .... you have all been very helpful...thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Does that mean we have to stop answering. We all like to plug our favorite holster makers every chance we get.

SHTF Gear Holsters - American Made, Fast Shipping, Comfortable Holsters See what I mean?
I'm meeting dben in about an hour, meeting half way between our hometowns in NC. Gonna hand him a holster from my "drawer of holsters" that I'm not using so it can hopefully find a new home and be used as it's intended.

I encourage you all to share with others if possible. As we all know, a holster that may not be perfect for you, will be perfect for someone else or it can be passed along to someone else to try.

Reactions: Vuva3rae

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I met a very nice man today and his very nice wife. You know him as Iguanadon (Iggy) for short. How nice to be able to meet in person another forum member to share a common interest. We met in Mebane at a mall and he provided me with a new IWB holster from Old Faithful

on a scale of 1 to 10:

Comfort: 10
Functionally: 10 works for strong side and appendix. (should-a had this a Loooooooong time ago)...
Fit: 10
gun clearance: "Perfect"

Ziggy: I can't begin to thank you enough.....these are for you

iwb1.jpg iwb2.jpg iwb3.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts