• Bravo Concealment

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking to graduate from my cheap worn-out fabric holster to something with more retention and durability so I can properly protect my trigger.

Just so you guys are aware I do not carry appendix. I much prefer to carry anywhere between 3 - 4 o'clock.

After doing a little research I narrowed it down to 3 competitors:

Vedder LightTuck

Tulster

Bravo Torsion

I'd love to know if anyone here has any experience with any of these holsters and if you do, which would you choose?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Have owned multiple bravo IWB holsters as they are down the street from me and i like supporting local businesses that being said I no longer own any bravo IWB holsters and only use Vedder for IWB. Nothing wrong with Bravo the Vedder just fit me better as an AIWB holster my normal way to carry.

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
I vote for Vedder as well. Another good one I have found that is about half the price of the Vedder is Concealment Express.

And my latest experiment has been with Sticky Holsters. They are designed for IWB and you can put them anywhere. So far they are holding up very well. One clear advantage is they are not so heavily dependent on a traditional carry belt - which, with most holsters, is far more important than the holster itself. I don't think I would carry a duty-size gun with one though.

·
Premium Member
7,147 Posts
Same as @Fallsrider except that I do have a couple other brands and Vedder is so much better that it is definitely worth the extra money. The other ones I have are not tuckable and not infinitely adjustable for cant and also for tension on the gun. I do not tuck very often, but when I need to tuck for concealment it is an absolutely necessary feature of the holster.

I have no experience with Tulster or Bravo.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Vedder has a 15' positive or negative cant so you can use it for cross draw while driving - it's out of the way of the seat belt.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I tried a Vedder light tuck last year - always trying to find a better holster. I didn’t like it and I returned it because it was uncomfortable. I have to put in a good word for my N8 Tactical holster below.

The choice of a holster is very subjective and a personal thing because everyone’s body is built a little differently.

I have two N8Tactical Professional IWB tuckable holsters, www.n82tactical.com . January 1, 2020 the parent company of Crossbreed holsters purchased Nate Squared (N82) Tactical and changed the name to N8 Tactical.

Tuckable means your shirt can be tucked in around the outside of the holster while wearing it inside your belt. One holster is for my Glock 17.4 and the other holster is for my Glock 30.4 and my Glock 19.5. It is a single clip holster that I wear at 9 o’clock (right behind my 2nd belt loop) as I am left handed. Some people don’t like a single clip because they say the holster moves around. Mine settles into my left hip and doesn’t move around at all. It is all day wearing comfort. Because it is a single clip instead of a double clip it is very quick and easy to put on and take off which I really like.

The Professional has 3 layers of material. A very soft suede backing that sits against your body inside your belt, then a rubber neoprene layer to block moisture from reaching the gun and the soft black leather on the outside of the holster that the gun sits next to. No part of the gun ever touches your body. I always wear a T-shirt under my outer shirt. The gun slides into a poly carbonate shell which has retention, trigger guard protection and adjustable cant.

N8 has a lifetime guarantee and a 2 week trial. Their products and customer service is absolutely superior.

ED20AED9-C143-44B4-BE0D-5999F4880642.jpeg
7C8B4BF4-E042-4A0D-B51B-75F1FFD9EAB2.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use a Vedder light tuck, it is a great holster. You can adjust the cant and height of carry so you can get it where ever you like. I tried the Bravo holster but it was not that comfortable and didn't work as well as their hype advertisement says it does. Have not tried a Tulster holster.

·
Premium Member
7,147 Posts
Vedder has a 15' positive or negative cant so you can use it for cross draw while driving - it's out of the way of the seat belt.
The cant is totally adjustable to ANY angle with those 15 degree ones being the outer limits. I have mine adjusted to a very, very slight reverse cant. Almost straight but not quite.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, no matter what I read or watch, I've only heard good things about Vedder. How comfortable and concealable is it carrying a compact (Glock 19 sized) pistol anywhere between 3 - 4 0'clock with this holster for you guys personally?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Bravo Torsion and the Vedder Comforttuck for G19.
The Vedder just wasn't right for me. I only use the Bravo (over two years) and like it.
The Vedder is yours $45, like new, shipped.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
To be fair I've never tried the other two brands; I have found no reason to veer from my Vedder Light Tuck - it just does what it's supposed to and it's comfortable for me. BillG174, I also liked the N8 offerings, but had to give them up because they are constantly wet with sweat in warm weather - and this is Arizona.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Of the three I have only tried the Vedder. I have a couple Light Tuck and feel it is a nice holster. That being said, I prefer the JM Custom Kydex for AIWB, which is what I carry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the Bravo Torsion and the Vedder Comforttuck for G19.
The Vedder just wasn't right for me. I only use the Bravo (over two years) and like it.
The Vedder is yours $45, like new, shipped.
I would jump all over it, but I have to purchase from a dealer. Jamaica doesn't allow shipment of firearm accessories from overseas. I know it's stupid. 😢

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of the three I have only tried the Vedder. I have a couple Light Tuck and feel it is a nice holster. That being said, I prefer the JM Custom Kydex for AIWB, which is what I carry.
Yeah, the appendix carry is just not for me. I know it's safe but I'm super paranoid about it and there is no level of convincing anyone can do to change that.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah, the appendix carry is just not for me. I know it's safe but I'm super paranoid about it and there is no level of convincing anyone can do to change that.

Not to try and change your mind, but imo that video is a good example of the attention that should be given when holstering doesn’t matter the position.

The guy holsters the gun without ensuring that his shirt is clear. He then pulls on his shirt, not realizing part of it was stuck in the holster, therefore pulling the gun partly out. When he bends it pushes the gun back into the holster but the shirt is caught on the trigger so the gun goes off.

Similar instances, of shooting self because something caught in holster, have occurred with people wearing guns in other positions and they shoot themselves through the butt.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I own a couple vedder holsters and they are great for the money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not to try and change your mind, but imo that video is a good example of the attention that should be given when holstering doesn’t matter the position.

The guy holsters the gun without ensuring that his shirt is clear. He then pulls on his shirt, not realizing part of it was stuck in the holster, therefore pulling the gun partly out. When he bends it pushes the gun back into the holster but the shirt is caught on the trigger so the gun goes off.

Similar instances, of shooting self because something caught in holster, have occurred with people wearing guns in other positions and they shoot themselves through the butt.
Oh yes, I know you're absolutely right... I would just rather be shot in the butt than shot in the groin. It's purely a psychological thing... there is no real logic towards my bias.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I've never tried the Tulster or the Bravo, but I went through several brands of single clip IWB holsters before finding the Vedder LightTuck. The thinness of the holster combined with a clip that doesn't print makes it perfect for me. I'm not sure how many I've owned, but it might be as many as 10.

My only problem with them is that they won't make one for my SCCY CPX-3. I wonder if they'd do it if I offered to pay for the mold. Yes, I like the holster (and the gun) that much.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've lost count of how many Vedder Light Tuck holsters I have. (Probably 10 or 12) I have one for most of my semi autos. They are excellent holsters, imo.

I don't have even one of the Tulster or Bravo Torsion holsters.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts