Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After making a hybrid holster I gave an all kydex model a try.
I used .08 Olive drab for the body and .125 black for the belt clip.

I made the clip offset to reduce the thickness.
It fits really well, and really tucks in close to the body.

I will wear it next week to see how comfortable it is long term.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Be sure to report back on its use...looking at the clip in the back makes it appear as though the gun might pull the front of the holster up...I'm just sayin'...curious.:blink:

Nice effort, by the way.:hand10:

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I recently ordered a Tuck model from Sideguard for my Kahr PM9 with the same offset clip configuration. The idea makes sense to me, but I'll let you know how well it works after I get it and try it for a while

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'm interested to see how that works for you... Good Work, I wish I could do that......

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice work. I like the offset clip, but I'm a big fan of two attachment points since they help keep everything at the same angle. You'll find that if you make that clip ride along the same plane as the gun (not curved back) that it'll really pull that grip against you. That is if you have any problems with the grip poking out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
See it gets better....

I have a suggestion tho.. Make the clip offset the holster body. This way you can put a bend in it to curve to your body better...

from this...

to this...

·
Registered
252 Posts
How do you like working with the .125 stuff????

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Southbound, great idea, I was looking for a way to do just that. I will try that design out!
I wore the first design for half a day and was not satisfied with it. I could not get the clip to come out the way I wanted. I ended up replacing it with a center clip

I wore this on all day today including a couple hours driving and sitting in a movie theater. It is still not exactly right.
I was very happy with the holster body. Quite comfortable and the draw and reholster are great. I just need to perfect the clip.
I do not like the .125, very hard to cut and shape right. I may try a thinner sheet to work with.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does it have to be a j clip???

If so you need to put a spacer between the body and clip.Give you pants a little room...You may want to try a clip like this....

Or maybe a single leather loop..

I like the .125 stuff. It takes a lot heat more to put a shiny spot on it...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Southbound,
The clip is a standard over the belt clip (not a j clip), it just isn’t made very well. I do have it offset with rubber spacers. I think I will try the side clip made like yours and the leather belt loops. I may have to set the holes farther apart.
I checked out your site, you do some nice work. I think I see how I have to make the kydex belt clips.
Do you heat them all at once to form them or do it in steps?

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use a heat gun and one part at a time..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After messing around with the all kydex, I decided the hybrid was just more comfortable.
So I used the last of my kydex to make a copy of the Crossbreed design. I have the black clips on order to replace the chrome ones

·
Registered
672 Posts
After messing around with the all kydex, I decided the hybrid was just more comfortable.
So I used the last of my kydex to make a copy of the Crossbreed design. I have the black clips on order to replace the chrome ones

I like. Looks better than mine! :35:

Question, how did you make the sight channel?>

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To make the sight channel I heated it in a small area and molded it out with a screwdriver blade.

·
Registered
252 Posts
See there you go!!!!!!!

All it takes is a little practice....

This was my first attempt at the same type holster...

And the latest.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts