Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which holster do you guys like?
Im looking for a IWB style,I have an OWB now and want to try IWB for my Springfield XDSC.
I really do not like the Crossbread supertuck stuff,just to much leather .
Thanks

·
Banned
908 Posts
I never wear cover garments in warm weather and positively loathe untucked shirts, so other than when I carry my S&W Model 36 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, I always carry IWB. All of my IWB holsters are Don Hume 715Ms. They're a good "beginner" IWB holster, well made and very reasonably priced. I eventually plan to supplant them with better, more expensive holsters, but they were a very effective way to try IWB without spending hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I wear western shirts and tucked in t shirts, so IWB tuckable is my norm. Every once in a while I'll go untucked or wear a jacket and move to a regular IWB. I don't alter my wardrobe for carry. I find a holster that lets me wear the gun I want, where I want, in the clothes I want. And that's why I've got about 6 holsters for one gun...ha.

Oh, my most used holsters are:

IWB: Milt Sparks VM2
IWBT: CTAC
OWB: Blackhawk! SERPA...never really use OWB though.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I use a Tucker Gunleather IWB Tuckable type holster for 3 different guns I carry. (Not all at once.) Tucker Gunleather They work great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dean..I looked at the DH 715-MSO with the belt snaps and like it!
Did you get you'res through them or gun supply?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im looking for a IWB style,I have an OWB now and want to try IWB for my Springfield XDSC.
Thanks
HAHA I am crossbreed all the way though I have a few other holsters.
I do have a supertuck but hardly use it. My main are the Qwikclip and Snapslide. They both work for my G21 and G30. If I am not to worried about printing or Ocing I use my snapslide. Qwikclip for deeper concealment.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I like both actually, but most of the time it's IWB for me.

·
Banned
908 Posts
Dean..I looked at the DH 715-MSO with the belt snaps and like it!
Did you get you'res through them or gun supply?
One or more were purchased from a vendor at a local gun show. The other I purchased online from a place whose name escapes me. I'll post it if I come across it. All of my Don Humes have the clip.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
For almost nine years it was IWB, but lately I have been using an OWB holster and I am really enjoying the new found comfort which is no more difficult to conceal than my IWB.:danceban::danceban:

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
My choice for IWB carry is the Tucker Undercover. Carries my CZ75 P-06 securely and gives me the option of tucked or untucked.

·
Registered
189 Posts
High Noon Split Decision for me. I wear it daily with jeans and a t-shirt. At work I wear an undershirt tucked in just in case my t-shirt comes up no one will see it.

Split Decision

·
Registered
181 Posts
For almost nine years it was IWB, but lately I have been using an OWB holster and I am really enjoying the new found comfort which is no more difficult to conceal than my IWB.:danceban::danceban:
x2, I made the switch a couple of months ago with the same results.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use a blade-tech IWB holster on my xd sub compact. It has adjustable cant as well as adjustable belt loops. It is kydex with adjustable positive retention and should be around 30 or 35 bucks new.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
Thanks
If you don't like the large footprint of the supertuck stuff, maybe try a Milt Sparks Summer Special or Summer Special II. I myself use the SSII as it rides lower than the SS.

Personally I tend to prefer a larger footprint with bulky and or big guns.

Biker

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
IWB

I bought one from Dave at Little Bear Holsters. He was great to deal with and I use his product every day :hand10:
I can vouch for Dave too. I have Two of his holsters laying on my desk. I'm picking up another one from him tomorrow for my new XD-40SC.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
MTAC for my xd40sc.
fits like a glove. tucked, untucked. this is the second holster I bought and I like it the best. the first was an uncle mike's while the MTAC was being made. I also have a SERPA pancake that I realy like too. total of 3 so far. the Mikes is NEVER used now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts