Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wearing my newerish MTAC holster with my G27 in it around the house and taking it with me then wearing it when I get out of Illanoy. So far so good but I now realize why everyone says your gonna need a good belt. The one i have is about 7-8 years old and just isn't very stiff any more.

Well I looked through the forums and can't seem to find a thread on just belts so I figured I'd throw this hat in the ring.

So I'm looking for a good stiff belt that will be able to support the G27 in the MTAC. I'm trying to find one around the $20-$40 dollar range not the $75 and up range.

I've seen Cabela's Double Duty Belt and heard good things about this Cabela's belt but haven't ordered anything yet. So what do you ya'll think and what would you recommend that isn't expensive?

As always thanks in advance!
-Chris

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The Cabelas Double Duty is OK. IMO it needs a different buckle as the one that comes with it is a pain. I changed the buckle on mine and wear it daily.

It does get pretty scuffed up looking pretty quick (on the section that threads through the buckle), but other than that, I think it is worth it's price range.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I like the Uncle Mike's Instructor belt. It holds my XD9SC in the XD Gear OWB paddle holster tightly against my body. The Velcro fastener makes it infinitely adjustable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the recommendations i think i'm going try out the uncle mike's since it got good reviews and is pretty inexpensive! thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You can try the 5.11 leather belts. They are good belts for the price. LAPolice Gear has a special deal right now, you buy a pair of 5.11 Covert Khaki pants for $24.99 and get a free leather belt. I bought some of these earlier this year and have been happy with them.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
A decent belt is a must for CC, but.....IMO. a lesser belt will do for IWB more than it will for OWB. Take that any way you want to.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You can try the 5.11 leather belts. They are good belts for the price. LAPolice Gear has a special deal right now, you buy a pair of 5.11 Covert Khaki pants for $24.99 and get a free leather belt. I bought some of these earlier this year and have been happy with them.

This is an exceptional deal.........I should know I did it three times. The belts are VG quality and so are the pants, hard to beat this deal.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Here's a little secret... Amish made belts are well made, thick enough for gun support (double thick leather) and inexpensive! :image035:

www.hanksclothing.com (search for "Amish Belts")

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Not exactly for dress, but for anything else...

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC ...it works very well.:yup:
I have a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt, as well as an Uncle Mike's imported copy. Yeah, they're extremely tough but they're also a dead giveaway that you're wearing a gun. Of course, with an untucked shirt and the belt not visible, this wouldn't be a problem.

An issue I've had is that they don't really work with the Wrangler cargo pants I usually wear because they're too thick for the belt loops.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Here's a little secret... Amish made belts are well made, thick enough for gun support (double thick leather) and inexpensive!
I wonder how the Amish would feel if they knew you were using their belts for concealed carry... Aren't they the original sheep?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
An issue I've had is that they don't really work with the Wrangler cargo pants I usually wear because they're too thick for the belt loops.
I wear Wrangler cargos all the time with a Wilderness COM. No problem with a 1.5" belt. Are you using a 1.5" or 1.75" belt?

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I've been wearing my newerish MTAC holster with my G27 in it around the house and taking it with me then wearing it when I get out of Illanoy. So far so good but I now realize why everyone says your gonna need a good belt. The one i have is about 7-8 years old and just isn't very stiff any more.

Well I looked through the forums and can't seem to find a thread on just belts so I figured I'd throw this hat in the ring.

So I'm looking for a good stiff belt that will be able to support the G27 in the MTAC. I'm trying to find one around the $20-$40 dollar range not the $75 and up range.

I've seen Cabela's Double Duty Belt and heard good things about this Cabela's belt but haven't ordered anything yet. So what do you ya'll think and what would you recommend that isn't expensive?

As always thanks in advance!
-Chris

Try this link- $75.00 (blemished) reinforced Kydex belts for $50.00

Gun Belts & Apparel -

Hope this helps

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the links and ideas I'm going to go to St. Louis in a few weeks so I might drive around there to see if anybody has the uncle mike's or some other manufacturer's.

uziman2k: unfortunately I'm not a 30 waist so I can't get a Comp-Tac clearance belt...i wish i was a 30 waist but more like a 34-36 :) That's a great deal but just too small.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
I wear Wrangler cargos all the time with a Wilderness COM. No problem with a 1.5" belt. Are you using a 1.5" or 1.75" belt?
Both are 1.5". They go through fine, but it's the excess strip with the velcro that I have a bit of trouble getting through.

Or do you stick this strip on the outside?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Or do you stick this strip on the outside?
:confused: Nope, I stick it back through the loop. Do you mean the jeans cargo or the kahki type? I don't have the jeans type.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts