Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36,177 Posts
Looks like a very good--and affordable--firearm for its intended use. Nice review (as always!).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good review. Part of the shooting low may be because the Masasa design uses sight picture #3 below.

·
Registered
36,177 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Excellent review, Sir. As always.
Thanks for that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looks like a very nice gun, for what it is. But I have the same problem with this that I have with many other me too Glock competitors. It's one model, in 9mm with no other calibers offered, in one size with is duty size, making it at the extreme large end of concealability, with no option for a manual safety (I'd be okay with this as an aftermarket factury kit.)

For Glock-a-likes, I prefer the M&P line, because it offers the flexibility I'm looking for.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a very nice gun, for what it is. But I have the same problem with this that I have with many other me too Glock competitors. It's one model, in 9mm with no other calibers offered, in one size with is duty size, making it at the extreme large end of concealability, with no option for a manual safety (I'd be okay with this as an aftermarket factury kit.)

For Glock-a-likes, I prefer the M&P line, because it offers the flexibility I'm looking for.
As I understand it, there is a version of the Masada that comes with a manual safety. I've never seen one, so maybe they just haven't made it to the US market as of yet.

Howard

·
Registered
499 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Glock has even created manual safety versions for big international government contracts.

In the US market though, I think the size issue is bigger deal. One of the reasons the Glock 19 has been so wildly popular for decades now, is that it's just the perfect size for a lot of uses. It's big enough to have good capacity for duty/HD use (most NYPD uniforms carry it.) It's still small enough to CCW fairly easily (and more easily than a lot of competitors.) To me, if you're going to release a 9mm striker fired auto, you're an idiot if you don't make it fit into a 7 x 5 x 1.25" box, with a 15 round magazine. You can then scale other models up and down from there.

As I understand it, there is a version of the Masada that comes with a manual safety. I've never seen one, so maybe they just haven't made it to the US market as of yet.

Howard

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,383 Posts
Great review. If it was bigger and 10mm, I would consider it.

·
Super Moderator
18,428 Posts
Yea Howard!

You are appreciated.

Reactions: hrfunk
1 - 15 of 15 Posts