Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a Ruger LCP for CC. I bought two extra factory magazines along with the pearce grip extenstions in order to be able to handle the gun better. When I took the gun to the range, I immediately noticed that the slide would get stuck whenever a bullet would try to load into the chamber. I had to cock the slide twice in order to get the slide back into normal position. When I began firing, this issue would conitinuously occurr. I then decided to change out the pearce grip extension on one of the magazines and put a the regular factory base. The gun did not jam at all. The LCP fired normally without issue. After this I assessed that it had to be the pearce grip extensions that were either pushing the magazine too high or too low to not allow a bullet to go into the chamber. Has anyone had issues with these extensions. It is obvious that this is what is causing the problem, Im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use the Pearce extensions on my LCP. I had your exact issue when using the Ruger extensions, but when I switched to the Pearce extensions the problem went away.

The issue is a torquing of the magazine during recoil and it sounds as if your LCP is more sensitive to this torque than mine with the Pearce extensions. You may want to try the new Ruger supplied extensions or none at all, it you LCP is that sensitive.

·
Registered
894 Posts
did you oil the gun? Hose it with oil, then try and shoot it.

Mine "stuck" a couple of times, but I had my range bag with me so I dropped a couple of drops of oil on it.

works fine now.

Just a thought:wave:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I actually got rid of my grip extensions when I gave up on the concept of holding the LCP like a larger gun, and instead adopted a one-handed point shooting style. You know what, I'm much better and faster that way!

You should give it a try sometime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do the Pierce extensions come with a new spring? I have a P3AT, and the Kel-Tec extended magazine kit comes with a longer spring, to keep the pressure up where it should be to feed properly. If your extension didn't come with a new spring, perhaps the short spring is not pressing with enough tension to provide correct feeding. Just an idea.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the Pierce extensions come with a new spring? I have a P3AT, and the Kel-Tec extended magazine kit comes with a longer spring, to keep the pressure up where it should be to feed properly. If your extension didn't come with a new spring, perhaps the short spring is not pressing with enough tension to provide correct feeding. Just an idea.
I bought the pearce extensions recently. As per some articles that I have read, pearce is no longer providing the springs...the extensions come alone with nothing else. I would hate to take the extensions off all of my magazines but as of now, it appears that I am going to have to do this if I want the gun to be reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts