Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what jeans have pockets large enough for rear pocket wallet holster? Been carrying a 380 bodyguard in my back pocket in a wallet holster but recently acquired an XDS 3.3 that needs a bigger back pocket to accomodate it.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Welcome to the DC Forum from Missouri.

I sometimes use an Uncle George wallet holster for carrying small pistols, but haven't tried anything as large as your XDS 3.3 in a wallet holster. What brand of jeans won't work? I wear Wrangler regular fit jeans and believe that they would accommodate the XDS, but I wouldn't know without trying it and I no longer own an XDS 3.3. Hum, maybe go down to Wally World with your XDS and try on some jeans?

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Carhartt carpenter pants and Duluth Trading Company fire hose pants are probably the two best well made large pocket pants out there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Size of the pockets is not the major issue for me. Location of the pockets is an issue. I can't wear Levis comfortably because the pockets are located in areas that cause serious pressure points when I sit down with a wallet in my pocket. Wranglers work much better for me.

I'm sure there are others who have exactly the opposite experience. Also, the fact that my wallet contains my retirement badge and a ton of ID, credit cards, registration certificates, licenses, insurance cards, and other stuff makes it like packing a small brick around with me. I can only wish I had enough money to make it uncomfortable to sit down on my wallet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a big guy so not as hard to conceal. I contacted Duluth and they said the Ballroom Jeans have 7” in deep and 5-3/4” wide rear pockets in my size 36” waste. The xds 3.3 is 6.3” x 4.5” or there about. The back pocket holster is 6”x 4-5/8”. So it should work in these but yes pocket placement is crucial. By the way they had these on clearance for $19.95 a pair- I ordered 3 of them.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have yet to find any jeans that I can pocket carry in .

What gun or guns do you want to pocket carry? Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Holter Jeans have front pockets that are 9 1/2" deep from the bottom of the pocket to the top of the pocket seam. You can fit a LOT of different guns in those pockets. They have a relaxed fit Holter Dungaree jean which you do NOT want. The pockets are smaller.

Check out Tractor Supply. They carry them. If you don't, you'll always be stuck saying, "I have yet to find any jeans that I can pocket carry in."

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Thanks handy, I wear mostly Duluth work pants. Seldom in jeans anymore. The main issue for me is I wear the smallest on the rack which have smaller pockets.

It’s about the cut of the pocket. If it’s the standard horizontal opening, an LCP is no go. With diagonal cut pocket opening all is fine.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a 3.3" XDs .45ACP and there's no way I can back pocket carry it. I have carried it in a front pocket but it's much too uncomfortable.

Not everyone has the keister needed to back pocket carry an XDs, in my opinion. I'm thin and small boned, with hardly a butt to start with. Toting an XDs in my back pocket, no matter how large the pocket itself, would be like the old "hide the football under the shirt" play.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being small or thin would make it harder to carry in a back pocket. I have carried my bodyguard this way long enough that it’s normal for me. Also I am standing most of the day so sitting is not that big of an issue for me. I am 6’1” 250 pounds. It actually kind of evens me out when I sit because of my wallet in my left rear pocket.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Duluth, the same stuff I wear rolling around in ground fighting class and shooting prone NRL22 gets laundered and worn to meetings/office.

Buy offseason and Duluth is very reasonable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can tell you the 5.11 carry jeans are not the answer, I like them for every day wear but the back pocket is shallow.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks handy, I wear mostly Duluth work pants. Seldom in jeans anymore. The main issue for me is I wear the smallest on the rack which have smaller pockets.

If you seldom wear jeans, why did you post this: "I have yet to find any jeans that I can pocket carry in ."

It’s about the cut of the pocket. If it’s the standard horizontal opening, an LCP is no go. With diagonal cut pocket opening all is fine.
There are jeans with diagonal cut pocket openings. Carhartt has them. And the pockets are large enough even in the smallest sizes if they're large to begin with. I don't have a problem with 34/30 at 175 lbs. Do you have to shop in the "boys" department?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
There are jeans with diagonal cut pocket openings. Carhartt has them. And the pockets are large enough even in the smallest sizes if they're large to begin with. I don't have a problem with 34/30 at 175 lbs. Do you have to shop in the "boys" department?
Boys department? Really?
Well, not after about the first five years of marriage, took 15 more for that woman to fatten me up to a 30” waist.

If I carried an N frame, L frame and a steel J, and extra ammo, plus my two dogs, I may not hit 175 lbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got the Duluth Jeans in the mail. I took pics of my two carry guns in their holsters for the back right pocket. Then each in the pocket. The 380 bodyguard disappears. The xds 3.3 45 fits nicely too and comes out nice. The pockets are high so if you sit it not digging into butt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
They need to make the back pockets with a snap on it so you will know when somebody is grabbing your gun out of your pocket. I would never carry a gun where it is easier for somebody else to get ahold of it than I could. Cant happen? But it did when two thugs followed a guy into a Walmart bathroom and shoved him up against the urinal while the took his gun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts