1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
With the lack of gun handling skills of most thugs it amazes me how so many in Chicago and other big sewers are killed by gunshots.
I suppose spray and pray does work.

Reactions: Joezilla

·
Premium Member
38,350 Posts
With the lack of gun handling skills of most thugs it amazes me how so many in Chicago and other big sewers are killed by gunshots.
I suppose spray and pray does work.
What gave you the impression that they lack handling skills? An Ellifritz piece from a few years ago asserts that the average armed, violent criminal practices gun skills more than the average gun owner.

·
Premium Member
5,484 Posts
It's Chicago - a criminal training ground. Guess they have to have a few inexperienced in the gang.

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
What gave you the impression that they lack handling skills? An Ellifritz piece from a few years ago asserts that the average armed, violent criminal practices gun skills more than the average gun owner.
Wow! That surprises me. I had no idea your average gang banger puts in the range time and practices drawing.
Maybe I need rethink my conclusions that they are mostly untrained thugs carrying not well maintained firearms. Something new to ponder.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Wow! That surprises me. I had no idea your average gang banger puts in the range time and practices drawing.
Maybe I need rethink my conclusions that they are mostly untrained thugs carrying not well maintained firearms. Something new to ponder.
They have their own ranges

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Man, Learn something hew everyday.
Need to train harder. Some of these banger's may have some skills.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Remember the video posted on DC not long ago where the perp shoots the officer. Perp covers draw with weak hand. Wasn't his first rodeo.

Never assume the dance partner is anything but deadly.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Saw this on The Truth About Guns and went to the original story. Truly amazing - one home invader manages to shoot and kill one of his accomplices! See, you don't really need to own a gun!

I will make a guess this is drug related. While the story you linked leaves one to believe a BG shot his accomplice, subsequent news stories said that the BG was shot be one of the home's occupants after the initial shots were fired by the BG's during a struggle.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
And some have expert training.
Never underestimate the opposition.
They have their own ranges

Have shared this before about being approached by a college classmate to train some of his buddies.
I had seen some of them around. Always with plenty of money, nice cars, and girls hanging around campus, but not actually taking classes.
My classmate was the son of a high ranking gang leader. His Dad sent him to college to learn business and eventually take over the legitimate business side of the gang network. They had connections all over the Midwest, out to the West coast, and in Canada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts