Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Review for JM Custom Kydex holster:

It has been a few months now and I decided it was time to put out a review online for JM Custom Kydex holsters. I bought mine this past summer, I have 2, a AIWB for a Springflied XDS with extra tuck option and clip, and even more impressive a AWIB for FN FNS 9mm with 5" barrel. The following are comments on both the holsters but also the customer service. I know that the initial cost for a holster without trying it first is a hard sell for custom products. I will just tell you that I feel like these were both worth the wait, the cost, and the quality. I have a drawer full of holsters. It took me a long time to figure out the best gun and style of carry for me. I have some pretty hard circumstances in which I need to conceal.

Holsters:
The XDS model was my first. I must say the retention is awesome, it is very comfortable and I never worry about it coming out of holster. I wear the crap out of this thing without chafe, rubbing, pinching, or thigh numbness/tingling. Nice draw. My daily carry routine requires me to be very concealed, I must squat, bend, kneel, and have physical contact with other people from many angles without my gun touching. To say that security, concealment and comfort are neccessary, this has done it for me with the single stack. In retrospect, I would have gone for the wedge and been happier comfort wise for XDS.

FNS 5": I ordered this one with help from Tony by email when I described by body type. I would not have ordered it the way he suggested with the foam wedge, and at first it felt real bulky. After I trimmed it with some angle and it has compressed a bit, it is a great fit and I was very pleased. I never thought I could carry a full size gun with 5" barrel comfortably and with good concealment in a t shirt. The foam wedge really pushes the barrel end out and grip in, plus I trimmed it so that the grip is rotated in towards the body. I am a bit big around the middle and the shirt falls over well with just a bit of grip protruding. This is my go to gun when I am not at my primary location. My only issue is that I went with short sweat guard, I wished I did full length as I pinch belly fat with reholstering if I am not careful! OUCH. That will leave a mark!

Customer Service:
Ok, so this is also a comparison because at the time I was ordering from Tony, I was dealing with another manufacturer of Kydex holsters. I ordered a left handed holster, they sent a right handed one. I waited for weeks and I sent it back. I waited and emailed multiple times to this other manufacturer and they would tell me it was shipped. It was awful. I finally cancelled the holster and told them to send me a 5.56 mag carrier they have in stock for a lefty. They sent it weeks later after multiple follow ups and guess what? It was for a R hander. Great product, but service SUCKED to the point I felt they were lying. I gave up and gave the $30 dollar item to a friend who is R handed. I am ticked off still about it though.

So Tony responded to my emails quickly and politely. After I ordered, I got a package in the mail within 2 weeks addressed to a guy with my same name. It was a R handed Glock holster. I sent the holster on to the new owner with my same name and let Tony know by email that I had done that. He moved my order up the chain without request and sent it to me within the next week. I was FLOORED! I would have sent it for nothing as it is the right thing to do and that would have added weeks onto the guys waiting time. I hate waiting, I pay extra for shipping because I hate waiting.

In summary, great guy, great company, great products. I feel like in today's America, I cannot tell you how much I want to support someone who actually does good customer service when I know how hard it is to do it well. Alot of time, alot of complaining, and not a lot of "good job and thanks."

So Tony, "good job and thanks!!"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good review. I also have two of his aiwb holsters and will not buy anything else from another holster maker.I have the "George" with the wedge, regular aiwb w/wedge and i am waiting on his new claw 2.0 that also has a wedge option. Can't wait to recieve it. Also have one with the full guard and one with mid, I prefer the full.

He's probably the best cs there is, He's happy to speak with you and discuss what works best. The very first time I tried calling I got a vm and hung up to call back later, well about 2 minutes later my phone rings from the number I just called. He calls me back because he saw my number coming in. Impressive. People will tend to complain that his turnaround time is long (6/7 weeks) but it is well worth the wait. Really can't recommend his holsters enough as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts