Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Want to pick your brain please. I bought a S&W .45 Shield and its shooting about 3 inches left. I tried to drift the front sight with a punch but it simply won't budge. Just ordered the MKIII sight pusher and wanted to see if there is anything special I need to know about this process. I've never had an issue with sights thus far. Will I even be able to move that front sight to the left WITH this tool? I don't wanna break the sight somehow by applying too much pressure. Anyway, gonna give it a go.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I can't tell you anything about the tool, but I can tell you that the rear sight moves a lot easier. When I put the XS sights on mine, the front was a bear to get out with a punch, but the rear came right out. Before I struggled much with that front sight, I would bump that rear sight over...only takes a little to do the trick.

I have a friend that bought some brand tool to move his Shield sight about a month ago and he said that it was still very difficult...even with the tool.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell you anything about the tool, but I can tell you that the rear sight moves a lot easier. When I put the XS sights on mine, the front was a bear to get out with a punch, but the rear came right out. Before I struggled much with that front sight, I would bump that rear sight over...only takes a little to do the trick.

I have a friend that bought some brand tool to move his Shield sight about a month ago and he said that it was still very difficult...even with the tool.
Thanks for that! I was going to work on the front since Smith said to move that one in their manual... Figured it might be the easier of the two. I'll give the rear sight a go first then. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update. Just used this pusher to adjust the sight on my .45 Shield. Worked perfectly... Bullseyes now! Very pleased! Well built, reasonably priced... Would recommend this if you're on the market for one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts