Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just heard on "the john tesh radio show" that statistics show that 1 in 4 gun owners ends up shot.:gah:????? where the heck would he come up with those #'s? That's more ammo for her not to like me carrying. If it is illegal to register guns in a lot of states, how do they know how many gun owners there are? Averaging???? Your thoughts........

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I didn't know John Tesh had enough talent to have a radio show...

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Well that should solve the problem for anti-gun types. We will all be gone soon. DC membership must be falling fast.

·
Registered
861 Posts
John Tesh is a tusch......100% of the time......

·
Super Moderator
18,108 Posts
Considering that most estimates place over 100 million Americans as gun owners, that would mean that 25,000,000 people have either been shot or soon will.

Common sense would show that to be false. No way do we have that many people getting shot.

·
Super Moderator
19,570 Posts
If she heard him correctly, that is complete, unmitigated balderdash.

It is generally agreed that roughly half the households in the US have at least one gun. That's half of 55 million; let's be conservative and say 25 million households represented by just ONE person. So if 1 in 4 gets shot, that 6.25 million gunshot victims.

Sorry, there are not 6.25 million civilian (leave the military out of this) gunshot victims alive or dead on US soil.

John Tesh should undergo waterboarding until he pronounces on the air that motor vehicles, cigarettes and "medical misadventure" maim and kill more American civilians than guns do every year. Maybe then your wife would believe that.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I love his show but he is a germ-a-phobe. Always coming up with new places that have the highest concentration of germs. According to him, we should all be sick.

If 1 in 4 gun owners get shot, that would mean that like 10+ million of us end up shot. I don't think so.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Statistics show that 80% of the time talk show hosts are wrong, 63% of the time.:image035:

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
3 out of 4 gun owners would shoot John Tesh on site, I guess we have them all covered now.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Statistics show that 80% of the time talk show hosts are wrong, 63% of the time.:image035:
Well, let's see...80 - 63 = 17...does that mean that radio talk show hosts are right 17% of the time?:gah: I don't think it could be that high.:hand1:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Unmitigated Balderdash.....I Love It!!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Mom always told me, don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Smart woman, Mom is.:yup:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
American pianist and composer of pop and contemporary Christian music, as well as a radio host and television presenter.

Those are not exactly credentials for an article in "Handguns are Dangerous, Trust Me", but wait he has a Radio Show and does get on T.V., so there are those who will follow idiots like this blindly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
John Tesh should stick to writing musical themes for the NFL.

There are a reported 80 million gun owners in the United States. There are certainly many more who do not "confess" to ownership for a number of reasons.

This would mean that in 25 years (a statistical "generation"), 20 million people would be shot. Um. Yeah. Okay.

What may be true, however, is that 1 in 4 people who are shot possess a gun. This would make more sense, considering that most gun violence is criminal-on-criminal. Gun laws will have no effect on restricting these folks.

9 out of 10 DC members believe Jon Tesh is a mixture of water, vinegar and optional fragrance. :1div64:

That's a hard statistic to argue against. :kicknuts:

Semper Fi

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
uh, since when did anyone take anything Joh Tesh said seriously? it's John Tesh, people.

the only cool thing he even did was play a Klingon on Star Trek: TNG.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i dont see whats so hard to believe...

i get a flu shot every year and this year i had several shots as part of a medical treatment...ive been shot several times...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A more fitting, but probably also wrong statistic would be 1 in 4 people who gets shot is a gun owner. If you mix that with the statistic that about half of all households own a gun...looks like us gun owners seem to be faring much better than the non gun owners as far as not getting shot.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congrats mine took 90days:danceban:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts