Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote: Developed in Israel for the world's military and police services, Holster is a revolutionary step forward in hoster design and molded polymer holsters. .....Holsters utilize a passive retention system that allows for rapid presentation. Unquote.

speaking of a Forbus standard for my new glock 26.....secure yes...rapid presentation NOT. After 3 pulls and my belt was up around my chin the weapon still is holstered.......what a joke......will stick with my Sticky.........for sure for sure.....

·
Registered
941 Posts
I tried a Fobus once despite all the warnings against it because at the time it was near impossible to find a paddle holster for the P250SC. Found out the warnings were correct. The paddle is way too flabby, the retention is hit or miss - if you draw very straight it's good, if you have any angle at all, it's a no-go. Ended up with the pistol pointed downrange a couple times, holster and all, and that was it - into the holster box it went.

I'd put it up for sale, but I can't in good conscience allow anyone else to have it.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
But they look cool... maybe even tac-i-cool.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Back when I was young and untrained, I carried my XD in a fobus the very first time I carried. It wasn't until I got home and tried to unholster that I realized I needed a 30 ton crane to get my pistol out of the holster. I promptly put the fobus in the abyss known as "the box of holsters" and never took it back out.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Have a paddle style and belt style for a 1911 and never had any issues. Not saying I would go that direction again and like my gun you'll have to pry my Crossbreed Supertuck from my cold dead fingers.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I got a Fobus holster for my P99 a few years ago and it works pretty well for me. Maybe they just aren't all that great for different weapon sizes and shapes?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
False advertising, I think.

Of all the holsters I have, I've got one from Blade-Tech. It's an OWB paddle design, for range events. Works well, for that. Hasn't ever failed me.

Everything else for "duty" (CC/OC) wear is a traditional custom leather unit.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Now I do like the Fobus mag pouch...that's about it.:yup:...I'll stick to my good ole' leather holsters.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have a few Fobus holsters. I think the answer to your question of whether it's a joke or false advertising is YES to both. I will say that over time they do loosen up a little bit, making drawing a bit easier. However they are not my favorite holsters by any means. They mostly sit in my holster box, seeing little use.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Have you ever seen any manufacturer of anything say: "Buy our product, there are hundreds of others on the market that are as good if not better, but we still think you should buy ours".

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you want to quick draw with just the right amount of retention, Try the Kydex holsters form Cross Breed. I have no problem getting the gun out easily and quickly. And you could probably also hang upside down for a couple of seconds before it fell out. It's also great for racking with one hand at least with a S&W M&P .40 Compact.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I have two Fobus holsters.... an old school fobus I have had for years for my G22, and I have a second one for my ruger SR40C. The ruger holster has adjustable tension. I have had no problems with either. I only use them for range holsters, mainly as a cc holster they are bad idea. I can break one apart with a good twist and pull. I have used them for gun club competitions with no issues what so ever.

·
Super Moderator
20,257 Posts
I tried some Fobus holsters (Fobi?) but gave up on 'em when the one I got for a K40 needed the Jaws of Life to get it out of the holster. I have one for the G23 which is a decent 'knockaround' holster, but the construction is overall a bit on the flimsy side. You get what you pay for.

I second the motion for Blade-Tech. Got my first one for the 1911 I use for the steel matches and it's one rugged piece of gear, even after thousands of draws.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have two Fobus holsters.... an old school fobus I have had for years for my G22, and I have a second one for my ruger SR40C. The ruger holster has adjustable tension. I have had no problems with either. I only use them for range holsters, mainly as a cc holster they are bad idea. I can break one apart with a good twist and pull. I have used them for gun club competitions with no issues what so ever.
This Forbus standard holster is crap...no adjustable tension...it's going right back to Gander Mountain tomorrow....(I'll claim a factory defect and dare them to extract my 26...if you can I'll keep it...if you can't I get double my money back).....LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.