Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read the book "Constitution In Exile: How the Federal Government Has Seized Power by Rewriting the Supreme Law of the Land," by Andrew Napolitano?

Is it worth the read? Any eye-opening insights?

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Have not, would like to. From watching him on TV, especially after watching a few verbal battles between himself and Bill O, I have a feeling the title, catchy as it is, is not going to reflect what is inside the book. Napolitano is no extremist and is usually one of the few sensible voices to be found you know where.

I think that book will actually be a good read with some valuable lessons about how things really work.

The Federal Government of course has no ability to re-write the Supreme Law of the Land, except by amendment.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Federal Government of course has no ability to re-write the Supreme Law of the Land, except by amendment.
It has nothing to do with "writing," of course, and everything to do with execution. From what I gather so far, the book's premise is that the State's actions have effectively eliminated 90% of the practical Constitutional protections that once existed by virtue if heavy-handed rulings, lying under oath, manufacturing and falsification of evidence and cases, foot-dragging on requests for compliance, and a host of other techniques for creating a consenting People.

I'm not really interested in a book of whining, but I'm all for an outline of interesting ways in which the State is going about usurping rights from the People by sidestepping the intent and doing what it chooses anyway. Waaah, waaah, waaah, I suppose. But I'm about up to "here" with the legal text books, case interpretations and law histories. I'm up for something a tad lighter, but something that is still informative and worthwhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts