Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
Good let them rot while awaiting trial, rioting should be dealt with severely and rioters taken off the streets.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Munoz, the paranoid schizophrenic young man shot by police while approaching them with a knife in hand, was due to go on trial in October for an incident last year in which he slashed 4 people. In this recent incident police were responding to a complaint from Munoz' mother who reported that he was off his medication, acting aggressively, and trying to force his way into her home.

A tragedy by any standards. But the state saves the cost of trial and Medicaid won't have to pay for any more expensive anti-psychotic medications that aren't being used. A little silver lining in those dark clouds maybe?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
A paranoid schizophrenic slashes four people for no good reason, and he is merely given medication and released?
That was a recipe for encouraging him to repeat his anti-social behavior, which, it now comes to pass, is exactly what has happened.
We need to re-open the mental hospitals we used to have, and to condemn those among us who are permanently anti-social to perpetual "therapy" (custodial containment) in them.
Doing that would save many lives, the lives of the mentally ill among them.

·
Registered
36,192 Posts
A paranoid schizophrenic slashes four people for no good reason, and he is merely given medication and released?
That was a recipe for encouraging him to repeat his anti-social behavior, which, it now comes to pass, is exactly what has happened.
We need to re-open the mental hospitals we used to have, and to condemn those among us who are permanently anti-social to perpetual "therapy" (custodial containment) in them.
Doing that would save many lives, the lives of the mentally ill among them.
Having toured one of those "hospitals" in high school for a psych class, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It may have worked for those outside, but it was really ugly for those inside. The stuff nightmares are made of.

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yes. Precisely.
We don't want every accused felon to plead insanity.
Besides, those hospitals should be reserved just for the ones who need particularly unpleasant punishment.

My step-father was the medical director for a circuit of New York State mental hospitals.
Some of the stories that he brought home were dismaying.
Very few were funny, or had a nice ending.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Having toured one of those "hospitals" in high school for a psych class, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It may have worked for those outside, but it was really ugly for those inside. The stuff nightmares are made of.
When my wife was in Dental Hygiene school, she did some clinicals in one of the local mental institutions. Very heart breaking stuff as to what it was like on the inside. Not to say there wasn't a place for that level of care, but it was not what most people would've assumed it to be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts