1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I saw a story on PBS last week that said gun ownership is falling in the US. I wonder how they came to that conclusion.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Reactions: Spark456

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I saw a story on PBS last week that said gun ownership is falling in the US. I wonder how they came to that conclusion.
Gallup did a poll that shows gun ownership by household down to 41% from 50%> but that is based on a telephone survey where someone calls your house and asks if you have a gun....which I am guessing 1/3 to 1/2 of the people would not answer correctly due to being afraid they were being cased by criminals posing as Gallup Survey employees. (This did happen in Cleveland).

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Surely with that many gun owners whatsherface can't get elected....

·
Banned
894 Posts
When choosing the lessor of two evils, you are still choosing evil.

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I know many people who own guns, but either won't vote or will vote for Hillary. Other issues are more important to them than a possible ban on a type of rifle they'll never own, a restriction on mag capacity, etc... Plus, a completed BG Check doesn't = gun perchance or an individual unique buyer... I purchased two firearms in the past mouth myself on separate occasions, and I'm sure that with all that's going on with the mass shootings and Hillary being elected is also prompting other gun owners to make multiple purchases too....

·
Super Moderator
18,095 Posts
Since NICS checks are supposed to be scrubbed after 180 days, how is it that they know that its the 14th consecutive month of a record number of background checks?

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since NICS checks are supposed to be scrubbed after 180 days, how is it that they know that its the 14th consecutive month of a record number of background checks?
I think the individual checks are but the totals, not specific to anyone, are stored forever.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Gallup did a poll that shows gun ownership by household down to 41% from 50%> but that is based on a telephone survey where someone calls your house and asks if you have a gun....which I am guessing 1/3 to 1/2 of the people would not answer correctly due to being afraid they were being cased by criminals posing as Gallup Survey employees. (This did happen in Cleveland).
I'd be more afraid that I was being "cased" by the illegal and out of control government and I would never answer the question even if I did pick up the phone which I rarely do unless I recognize the calling number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts